Watch TV anywhere in my house with TV tuner stick?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JLi17, Nov 2, 2008.

1. JLi17 macrumors newbie

OK...So what I would like to do is watch the channels from my HD cable box in the downstairs of my house from my room in the upstairs of my house. Is it at all possible to buy a device such as the Elgato hybrid and plug it into say the apple Airport Express base so that I can access content from my television wirelessly from the upstairs of my house?

I realize that the slingbox is another option but do not like the fact that it is more expensive, and will take over the TV so no one else can watch it while I am accessing it through the internet.

So in short, I'd like to watch TV from my Shaw digital cable box over a wireless N home network. Is it possible?

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

How would your television receive the tv stream? I've never heard of a TV with wireless wi-fi reception.

3. JLi17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry I was unclear.

I want to watch TV in my room from my MBP not a TV

4. kolax macrumors G3

If you live in America, you can get the HDHomeRun which works with EyeTV and connects to your router via ethernet. Apparently works quite well over N.

Doesn't work outside the U.S. though which is annoying - I was set on getting it as I hate having to be near an aerial socket.

5. JLi17 thread starter macrumors newbie

No. I live in Canada so that isn't going to work for me. Thanks for your help though.