Watched 3 hours of movie, 85% battery left

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NickPhamUK, Dec 22, 2016.

1. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

I don't know how but it happened. I watched London has Fallen and half of Troy's movie. Rented those from the iTunes, HD standard. Downloaded them to my MBP. I started watching at 17:10 and stopped at 20:15. 85% left.

I closed all apps except for iTunes, 50% brightness (was on a bus), 0% keyboard light, 90% volume and used the ear pods that come with iPhone 6S. I gotta say the update is amazing. Pre update, watching movies like this would eat my batteries at 10%/hour (roughly 10 hours total).

Now seems like my MBP is the better companion for long travels than my iPad Air 2 :D.

My model is nTB, I heard the update also fixes the battery issue for other models. Thoughts?

2. jitgill macrumors member

jitgill

I watched about 3 hours of Netflix yesterday with VPN turned on and it only went down to 75%. They may have optimised watching video they same way they had with the iPad. It would seem logical that MacOS would put as many functions as possible in low power mode or asleep if it detects full screen video. Just a guess

15" TB 2.9Ghz R460