Watching SNL?

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
SNL has good talent (all the greats have left) and abysmal writing. The skits are idiotic unless their prime demographic are high school kids. NBC should fire Lorne Green and all the writers.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA
SNL has good talent (all the greats have left) and abysmal writing. The skits are idiotic unless their prime demographic are high school kids. NBC should fire Lorne Green and all the writers.
Lorne Green is dead. You mean Michaels

Lin-Manuel had a great opening number. Loved his interjection during the rap

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Haven't since the early 1990s when the show became too stilted and stupid for anyone to sit through.
[doublepost=1476018215][/doublepost]
So Lorne looks at you like this because after how 500,000,000 people have made the same mistake he still can't get over it:

Oh, you're otherwise right, the show's truly been cheap and mindless since the early 1990s... And the 80s material - good as it was - is too much "of its time" for modern audiences to sit through. The same type of audience would positively loathe "Benny Hill", though... but the Green/Michaels slip is too good for folk not to bring up. :D

Reactions: samcraig

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
Yeah. Over the last 40 years the show has proven what a failure Michaels is. :rolleyes:

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Nobody said "Michaels is a failure."

However, everyone agrees that SNL isn't funny.
Sometimes it is. You can't say that is never has funny moments anymore. It does. I haven't watched all of this week's show yet, but last week's show was pretty darn good...and funny.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Sometimes it is. You can't say that is never has funny moments anymore. It does. I haven't watched all of this week's show yet, but last week's show was pretty darn good...and funny.
Like I said above, good talent (Keenan Thomson is entertaining even in the dumbest skit) but lousy writing.

You really thought last week's game show skit was funny? Or the "ScoobyDoo" sketch?

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
You really thought last week's game show skit was funny? Or the "ScoobyDoo" sketch?
I thought the family feud sketch was hilarious. I loved it. The scooby doo one was awful. But even in it's best days SNL has been uneven. There isn't a single episode I can think of where every single skit hit it out of the park. The stuff towards the end of each episode tends to be especially dicey.