Watching SNL?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 8, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. SusanK macrumors 68000

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

SNL has good talent (all the greats have left) and abysmal writing. The skits are idiotic unless their prime demographic are high school kids. NBC should fire Lorne Green and all the writers.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Lorne Green is dead. You mean Michaels

Lin-Manuel had a great opening number. Loved his interjection during the rap

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

You're quite right. I was dawdling over my dinner of Alpo from a can and became distracted.

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I'm sure he meant to fire all the writers for Bonanza.

8. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Haven't since the early 1990s when the show became too stilted and stupid for anyone to sit through.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2016 ---
    So Lorne looks at you like this because after how 500,000,000 people have made the same mistake he still can't get over it:

[​IMG]

Oh, you're otherwise right, the show's truly been cheap and mindless since the early 1990s... And the 80s material - good as it was - is too much "of its time" for modern audiences to sit through. The same type of audience would positively loathe "Benny Hill", though... but the Green/Michaels slip is too good for folk not to bring up. :D

9. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Commander Adama is still alive?!

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Yeah. Over the last 40 years the show has proven what a failure Michaels is. :rolleyes:

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Nobody said "Michaels is a failure."

However, everyone agrees that SNL isn't funny.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Sometimes it is. You can't say that is never has funny moments anymore. It does. I haven't watched all of this week's show yet, but last week's show was pretty darn good...and funny.

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Like I said above, good talent (Keenan Thomson is entertaining even in the dumbest skit) but lousy writing.

You really thought last week's game show skit was funny? Or the "ScoobyDoo" sketch?

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Everyone agrees? Are you sure?

But again, 40+ years on network television would seem counter to that claim.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I thought the family feud sketch was hilarious. I loved it. The scooby doo one was awful. But even in it's best days SNL has been uneven. There isn't a single episode I can think of where every single skit hit it out of the park. The stuff towards the end of each episode tends to be especially dicey.