Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Is there a way to watch TV on my mac? I have a cable internet connection on a dual 1.8 G5.

thanks!

matt

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
ChrisFromCanada said:
The other options are the PCI card (runs about $100), or going external which will run you $300+

P.S. Do a search before asking questions

Thanks.

P.S. Sometimes there's not time to do a search. I had a 30 sec. time slot to post before I forgot. I don't think it's a big deal.

GeorgeTheMonkey

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2004
Yup, Matt, EyeTV is incredibly spiffy -- but since you mentioned that you're on a cable internet connection, can I assume you have cable TV as well?

If that's the case, then you just have to check out this groovy little Mac OS X Hint. Basically it shows you how to record and watch High Definition TV -- from your cable -- on your Macintosh! 'Tis a darn cool little trick, and the kicker is it's absolutely free! (You do have to ask your cable company for a Firewire-enabled cable box, but aside from that, the software is free -- and with a little bit of setup, BAM! Hi-Def on your Mac. :D )

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
crowdaddy said:
How is your DP1.8? Fast enough to run games really well>?

To tell you the truth I have no idea. I play console games. I have an Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, SuperNintendo, N64, and a GBA SP. So I don't play games on the computer.

I did, however, try a demo that I got of Rayman 3, and the graphics weren't great...a lot of stopping and starting kinds of stuff....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.