Watching TV shows and movies on the rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sambo110, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I download a lot of TV shows and movies, pretty much daily (and before you judge me, I download TV shows that don't air in Australia for months/only on Foxtel, and buy them when they come out on DVD, and I buy movies I like), and watch them on my 20" iMac, 1680x1050. I was wondering how they would look on the 15" rMBP? I'm hoping they don't look like trash, as that would be a huge disappointment, but has anyone got any experience with this?

2. miladsafa macrumors newbie

Although some applications look unimpressive, but I can say that your media contents will look as fine as they would on your other laptops.

3. dkimxd macrumors member

I wouldn't say it looks like trash. I stream shows online and the quality is already not that great but it doesn't get even worse on the retina screen. As for HD movies.. WOW! I have a bunch of HD movies downloaded and they look amazing on the screen.

4. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for! It would have been a huge negative if it couldn't play video well.

5. Rmafive macrumors 6502

The quality of all media looks the same on my rMBP as it did on my uMBP. Unless they up the quality they stream to higher than HD, there won't be a noticeable difference!