Watching via my laptop

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hillbilly181, Oct 3, 2013.

1. hillbilly181, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

hillbilly181 macrumors member

Hey guys, I'd like to use my data plan on my phone to watch games via my laptop. I have truly unlimited and watch via my phone but i'd like to tether my internet to watch full screen and browse internet and stuff. Is this not possible with ios7 until jailbreak?

EDIT: I FORGOT TO MENTION THIS IS FOR WHEN I AM OUT AND ABOUT WORKING FOR 12 HOUR NIGHT SHIFTS. NOT WHEN I AM AT HOME. I HAVE WIFI AT HOME. I SEE THIS HAS STRUCK A CORD WITH SOME OF YOU.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Your carrier probably has a plan for that.

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Depending on the carrier they have, they may lose their unlimited data if they add a tethering plan.

4. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

As they should.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Get one of these to hold your phone up:
    [​IMG]

Then connect one of these to your laptop, point it at the phone, and watch on the laptop's screen:
    [​IMG]

A set of bluetooth headphones would probably improve the audio experience. :)

6. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I was gunna suggest getting an apple TV, but I don't think that's gunna work if you don't have wireless.

7. hillbilly181 thread starter macrumors member

"As they should." Look at the mans elegant use of the English language. An iPhone 5s would look dashing in your hand gentleman.

Seriously, what is the problem if I do the exact same things on my phone anyhow, but want to project them on to a bigger screen? Are you crazy? My mind fails to compute how this isn't a "cool" thing to do by your standards.

I'm not even talking about for my home internet. I have internet at home that I pay for on a monthly basis. But when I'm out and about and just want to project what I would already be doing on my phone onto my laptop?

The mind does not render.

8. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

:confused:

If you had have explained that instead of tethering your laptop to your phone, which is the exact term in order to use your phone's data connection from your laptop that you simply wished to use something similar to AirPlay to display your phone's screen on your laptop then we would have pointed you to something like AirServer.

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Tethering: As long as it's OK with your carrier, Go4rit.