WatchOS 5.1.2: All The Little Things!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pedrowerner, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Magnificent, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018

Magnificent macrumors newbie

it is happening on my series 4 since the update 5.1.1 Even my brightness is on minimum when it is wake up turns maximum . Does anyone know about this issue ?

2. honglong1976 macrumors 65816

honglong1976

Any changes for S3 owners? I haven't noticed anything yet.

3. rbart macrumors regular

rbart

Only the walkie talkie icon in the control center

4. honglong1976 macrumors 65816

honglong1976

awesome! :(

I have been waiting forever to have sleep tracking. Luckily, Sleepwatch is actually decent with the recent updates. So I will use that for now. I used autosleep and sleepwatch is the most accurate so far.

5. kave macrumors regular

5.1.2 seems to be really buggy. I have an icon on top indicating that a phone call is in progress, but it isnt. Hey Siri, call XX tried to call from phone and Watch at the same time.

6. Alokbhargava macrumors newbie

Alokbhargava

I noticed high brightness on Apple Watch 4 after installing 5.1.2. Adjusted the brightness to minimum and then to midway. All became OK

7. ihonda macrumors 68000

8. Kitman912 macrumors newbie

Kitman912

Experiencing the same issues on s3

9. iphonetravel macrumors member

What a buggy release.

Both my watch and my partners watch have been acting up and spontaneously rebooting left, right and centre.

I updated all on the same day and the watch would just reboot when it wanted.

My partner only updated the iPhone and left things as is for a few days. Same behaviour which got really bad by the second day. Every time we attempted to force quit an app hoping that would help, the watch just rebooted. We then hoped by updating the watch that it would settle. Sadly that did nothing to help. Unpairing and re-pairing the watch during a very brief few minutes of stability at least stopped the reboots for a short period but overall the watch has been pretty unstable.

We have since hard reset both phone and watch for both of us as per instructed by Apple support, but not sure this will hold. I really hope Apple release a bug fix soon. It’s definitely software and not hardware as both our series 4 watches have been affected by this.

This might be the crappiest release I have ever used (5.1.2). Not sure if it is watch OS or a combination of iOS 12.1.1 and the new watch OS. Personally I suspect it is both.

10. Knight3 macrumors regular

I updated my iPhone and the Watch the same day as their updates and I haven't had a problem at all. My Watch actually seem to last a little longer after the initial 2 days. Probably an isolated case of something gone wrong during the update than a buggy update itself.
    Hope it resolves for you soon.

11. Stanick macrumors regular

Stanick

Very bad battery life here... from 2 days down to 5-6 hours...

12. tivoboy macrumors 68040

Hmm, really not seeing that here at all. I will say that ECG seems to use a lot of power, like 1% power per attempt or close. Use cautiously.

When I see big battery drain after a new OS update, its a sign that an UNPAIR and REPAIR is in order.

13. thecore762 macrumors regular

The update fixed the clock tickers resolution so it doesn’t show the jagged edges.
    Other than that I’m happy with the update.

14. gavinl1967 macrumors newbie

Something I've noticed about the 5.1.2 update. if you customise the infographic watch face on the watch, you can add the message and mail complication. If you try and do the same using the watch app, the message/mail complication is not available for the infographic face and you end up with 2 blank complication spaces on the watch. Weird.

Ohter than that, no battery or other issues I've noticed.

15. G35flyer macrumors member

What version of iOS do you have loaded on your iPhone? ....seems like you are not running v12.1.1.

16. gavinl1967 macrumors newbie

Just had a quick check and that's exactly the reason - phone running v12.1. I've had no notification to update phone software, so will look for an update when I get home. Thanks.

17. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Does 5.1.2 require 12.1.1 or will ECG work with 12.1?
    --- Post Merged, Dec 13, 2018 ---
    yikes! has it settled down or nah?

18. Johnhimm macrumors 6502

I've been using Autosleep. I will check out SleepWatch

19. apolloa macrumors G4

I’ve noticed they’ve done the usual thing and slowed down older devices. Not massively but on my series 1, after waking it up theirs a split second lag scrolling from the bottom or top of the screen. And opening stories on the news app lags. Would be nice if they put it back to how it was.......

But no doubt Apple would much rather you bought another watch and then another 2 years later etc etc.

Still maybe they’ll pull an iOS 12 on Watch OS yet?

20. gwhizkids macrumors 68040

gwhizkids

Did you consider that “they” are not slowing it down but just that as the hardware improves, the OS gets more capable and, hence, complex? This means that older, less capable hardware struggles a bit to execute the newer code? Apple is not going to fork it’s OS just to marginally improve performance on older devices.

I had a Series 0 until last month. I accepted that 3 year old hardware was not going to operate as smoothly as my new Series 4.

21. honglong1976 macrumors 65816

honglong1976

Sleep watch is much better. It used to be ok, now it's the closest to Fitbit sleep tracking and it's accurate too.

22. Targets R Us macrumors newbie

Targets R Us

Okay we finally have unread message count...but still no unread e-mail count in the complication on the infographic face..... :(

-Jeff

23. apolloa macrumors G4

Nope, not one bit and that argument is totally and utterly flawed when iOS 11 ran like rubbish on older phones and slowed them down where as iOS 12 made them run like new.

24. Manu85et macrumors newbie

Manu85et

despite the update, the Iqa complication does not work, nor does the "raise and talk" function with siri

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.