Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
@bencallis I purchased and installed your app last week and I am loving it. I know I've just started on the program and have a long way to go but is there any chance you will release another app for the Bridge to 10k program?

Cheers!
I've had several people who have completed the watch to 5k programme looking to move on to 10k. It's something I'm looking into and I will be sure to let you know when I release anything.

Good luck with the running.

Secondtime

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2021
Ben - really like the app so far. Nice to have a standalone watch app!

A couple thoughts for consideration: 1. When doing the warmup or cooldown walk, there is no music control available by swiping in the app. If that could be added, it would make the music controls more consistent across the app. There are also no warmup/cooldown stats until the end when you look on the phone. It would be great to see heartrate at least, if not distance as well, during the walks. It might also be nice to have a 1 or 2 minute check on the heartrate during the cooldown to watch progress as the weeks go on as that is a good gauge for health. 2. There doesn't seem to be a way to pause the app. This might be a good feature just in case you want to pause your progress to chat with a neighbor or get stopped at a crossing or some other reason. Just a couple ideas, as it is definitely a solid app now and glad to be using it!

Reactions: bencallis

chomer

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
Ben - have been using your app for the last couple of weeks and it's been great. Thanks for your work.

One little piece of feedback - would it possible to auto create "segments" for each of the runs. e.g. For week 2, there'd be a segment for each 90s run and 2min walk? That way I'd be able to see (and record) my running pace as opposed to the current average pace for the whole workout which ignores the workout is made up of running and walking. If not, can manual segments be created by double tapping the AW screen like we can do for regular runs?

Reactions: DoubleFlyaway

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Ben - have been using your app for the last couple of weeks and it's been great. Thanks for your work.

One little piece of feedback - would it possible to auto create "segments" for each of the runs. e.g. For week 2, there'd be a segment for each 90s run and 2min walk? That way I'd be able to see (and record) my running pace as opposed to the current average pace for the whole workout which ignores the workout is made up of running and walking. If not, can manual segments be created by double tapping the AW screen like we can do for regular runs?
Thanks for the feedback. I hope you have enjoyed using the app and have managed your first of many 5Ks!

The application does actually record the walk and run segments in the data but apple fitness is not currently showing them. I may look to make them available in the iPhone companion app in the future.

I am currently working on an update that with the following couple of improvements:

• Improved the speed at which the display is updated when you raise your wrist.
• Fixed a bug that could cause the average pace metric to display incorrectly during the workout.

If anyone would like to beta test this version give me a shout :)

chomer

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. I hope you have enjoyed using the app and have managed your first of many 5Ks!

The application does actually record the walk and run segments in the data but apple fitness is not currently showing them. I may look to make them available in the iPhone companion app in the future.

I am currently working on an update that with the following couple of improvements:

• Fixed a bug that could cause the average pace metric to display incorrectly during the workout.

If anyone would like to beta test this version give me a shout :)
Thanks for your reply. Your app certainly got me off the sofa and into running 5k quite regularly so many thanks.

I soon realised the segments were there once I started exporting the data to a 3rd party app. Probably should have updated my post.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Thanks for your reply. Your app certainly got me off the sofa and into running 5k quite regularly so many thanks.

I soon realised the segments were there once I started exporting the data to a 3rd party app. Probably should have updated my post.
Glad to hear you got the app and started to run.

Out of interest what app did you use to export the data?

I've just released a small update with the following improvements:

chomer

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
Glad to hear you got the app and started to run.

Out of interest what app did you use to export the data?

I've just released a small update with the following improvements:

The app I use is HealthFit. It's pretty good for syncing workout data between various 3rd parties.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Thanks @chomer I have been recommending HealthFit to users who want to sync their data with Strava.

A few users have requested the ability to switch runs to indoor runs to use the app on a treadmill so I am going to look to add support for this soon. A couple of users have also asked for the voice prompts to come from the watches speaker. I would be interested to hear your views on the above or any other features you would like to see.

I hope you have all had a lovely christmas! Keep on running.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I have just finished the next version of the app which includes support for indoors runs and the ability to hear the virtual coach over the watches built in speaker.

A few users have been reporting issues with hearing the coach over their AirPods. If anyone has AirPods and a watch and would like to join the beta please let me know and I can send you a TestFlight link.

tommybavfc

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
I have just finished the next version of the app which includes support for indoors runs and the ability to hear the virtual coach over the watches built in speaker.

A few users have been reporting issues with hearing the coach over their AirPods. If anyone has AirPods and a watch and would like to join the beta please let me know and I can send you a TestFlight link.
Hey Ben, not sure if you got anybody to help out with this but if not I’d like to give it a go

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
The latest version with indoor run support 2.6.1 shipped this week. You can toggle indoor/outdoor runs in the new "Run Settings" screen which can be accessed by scrolling to the bottom of the run overview screen (the one with overview circles and the start button).

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
2.7.0 is now out in the store and I'm busy working on the next major update.

The plan is to add a Phone companion app that allows you to see your progress and view previous recorded runs. I would love to hear if any of you have suggestions for what you would like to see in a Phone companion app!

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Companion App Alpha.png
Version 3.0 is nearing feature complete and I'm looking for some Alpha testers to test the build on TestFlight.

This is a major release which includes a brand new iPhone companion app allowing you to track your progress, view your achievements and view your past runs.

If you would be interested in testing the app please send me a PM and I will share the TestFlight link with you.

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Thanks to all the testers so far.

The companion app is now feature complete and we have entered the beta testing phase. We are still looking for more beta testers so please let me know if you are interested in being added to the beta. It's totally free to join and you will get access to the full 5K plan!

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Version 3 of Watch to 5K will launch next week on June 22nd. We are excited for you to get your hands on the brand new phone companion app!
Watch5kPromoLifestyle_2.jpg

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
Version 3 of the app is now live in the App Store 🎉 https://apple.co/3MDCBQB

Watch-to-5K_image_28_5ae6_standard.png

To celebrate the launch, I'm giving away ten copies of the app to members of this forum. Just comment below, and I will send you a PM with a promo code.

Reactions: bumbo

ardsar

macrumors member
May 5, 2015
This app looks ideal for helping me start to run and the feedback looks positive Always been wary of running after my back op several years ago. Would happily except a code ☺️

bencallis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I'd love a code please - such a good app :)
Thank you! I'll PM you a code now.

Can I get a code for this? Just graduated, might well do something good for myself while I wait for jobs to respond back :)
Congratulations on graduating. Check your inbox for a code.

This app looks ideal for helping me start to run and the feedback looks positive Always been wary of running after my back op several years ago. Would happily except a code ☺️
Hopefully the gradual nine week plan will allow you to run without causing you any discomfort. I've sent you a code.

kiranmk2

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2008
I'd love a code to try this. I've been using the old Get Running app to build up my C25K process but that means running whilst holding my iphone which isn't ideal.

duece73

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2010
I’d love a code. Looks like a great app to help me get back into running. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.