water indicators, i need help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LeeM, Jan 14, 2013.

1. LeeM macrumors 6502a

i had a bettery issue when my iphone 4 was in warranty, i took it in and was told my dock water connector was a bit pink so they voided my warranty. this issue has reappeared now just out of warranty so im booked in again tomorrow.
    my headphone indicator is white and what i can see when i take the back off the internal indicators are white too. is there any links that i may find useful to help me argue that this is a case of minor condensation from being in my pocket and the phone isnt actually water damaged at all? apple or otherwise?

thanks

(uk based btw)

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Since it's out of warranty I don't see what difference it makes.

3. LeeM thread starter macrumors 6502a

because it was an issue i raised within warranty and was sent off saying it was because of water damage. ive since found out its not water damaged and was fobbed off when it should have been repaired/replaced

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Is your dock connector still a little pink?
    Only way to find out is make a Genius Appointment. YMMV.

5. LeeM thread starter macrumors 6502a

im booked in tomorrow, like my op says. im after information to help me when i get there.

6. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Your best off not even mentioning water to them in the first place. They'll probably find out anyway but that's my advice.

7. LeeM thread starter macrumors 6502a

its already logged from last time.
    again, im trying to argue the last decision because ive since found out its not water damaged and I'm looking for something about condensation setting off the dock connector indicator when the rest are white