Way to buff scuffs out of the silver band?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozreth, Feb 9, 2011.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

So I recently took my bumper off to find that I have a plethora of scuffs around the corners of the steel band. Is there a way to buff t out?

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I'd appreciate any answers as well. It's incredible how Apple's Bumper seems to cause the phone itself damage. I'd reccomend buying a decal wrap so it'll prevent any further damage to the band.

3. patp Guest

dirt, dust is causing the scratches. It gets trapped between the bumper and the iPhone and the handling of the phone moves the dust and dirt bits around causing the scratches.

you could try to buff out the frame, but the best way to do it is to remove the band and use a buffer. may not be practical as you'll have to deal with possible death of the phone if you screw up the assembly.

me, if the phone is going to stay in the case/bumper - out of sight, out of mind.

4. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

I have a few minor scratches from when I remove my Incase every so often to clean my iPhone.

But when it comes to the steel band, there is no way of removing the scratches. Unless it was painted and cleared like a vehicle.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Hard to remove these scratches. If you try to buff out the scratches it will make that area shiny as the band is really micro-sand blasted type of a finish.

Silicone traps the grit and then polishes the surface. Why I never use these devices.:(

6. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I would venture to guess that a very fine grade steel wool will buff it out quite nicely.