Way to remove camera icon from lockscreen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goodeye, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

Just like the title says. Is there a way to remove the quick access key to the camera from the lockscreen? I have looked all over the settings and can't seem to find anything.

2. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

No there's not. But I like it. If anything you don't have to swipe as much to unlock.

3. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

None that I'm aware of. Why would you want to remove it? I love that it's on the lockscreen

4. Goodeye thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

I use the camera but I never use the lockscreen camera button. I like the look of the lockscreen without it.

Thanks for the help guys!

5. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I know we all have our own tastes and opinions, I think your nuts however for wanting to remove it. It's a feature people had been asking for since 2007 lol.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Another case of CANT PLEASE EVERYBODY.

7. chumawumba macrumors 6502

chumawumba

I have seen a jailbreak which can remove the camera icon, and it can even replace it with any icon you choose. I believe Springtomize 2 has that feature although I might be mistaken.

8. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

There is actually a way. Disable camera under "restrictions". The Camera icon will disappear both on the lockscreen and the homescreen. Which means you can't use it anymore.

9. Goodeye thread starter macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

Which isn't what I want to do. I want to use the camera but not in lockscreen. I know I could jailbreak to get that. Oh well, just wondered that's all.