Ways to analyze audio in the background of an app?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by dbenedi2, Jul 6, 2015.

1. dbenedi2 macrumors newbie

I would like to be able to pull audio files from a user's iPhone music library and then analyze the audio within my app. I want to produce data such as beats per minute, high frequency, low frequency, etc. In return, I would like to be able to utilize this data for different functions of my app. Any ideas?

2. larswik macrumors 68000

I don't know that you are going to get a ton of responses here with this question since it's really vague. Are you saying, "I have no programming experience but this is what I want to do". OR "I'm an experienced programmer and trying to find more information in this area"? If your a programmer I would suggest looking at the AVFoundation framework docs, since it deals with video and audio and you might get ideas there. If your new to programming I would recommend the book I started off with, "Learn C on the Mac", and start your journey into programming.

3. firewood macrumors 604

Should be no problem if you are familiar with the iOS MediaPlayer, AVAsset converters, Accelerate/vDSP functions and a few other frameworks, as well as audio signal processing algorithms. Start reading.