"We found an iPhone order for this phone number." Does this message ever go away???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PhaserFuzz, Oct 6, 2014.

1. PhaserFuzz, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

Okay, I posted about this in another thread.. but I'm curious. I ordered an iPhone 6 online and picked it up at the Apple Store on 9/20. I later returned the iPhone 6 at the Apple Store on 10/4 with intentions to buy an iPhone 6 Plus.

I am wanting to be on a 2 year contract. I verified with AT&T and my eligibility was reset as soon as I returned the phone. Now when I go to order the iPhone 6 Plus on Apple's site, I get the message.

I've asked Apple and all they say is that it takes 3-5 days for this message to go away. However, I think they're mistaken because it doesn't seem like it has anything to do with eligibility. The message should've went away as soon as I got my iPhone 6 and activated it, correct? If I wasn't eligible, it would just list the full price instead of subsidized. It wouldn't just block me from buying a phone altogether.

My question is, has this message ever went away for anyone here? If so, how long did it take and were you able to order a phone again? I am planning on calling Apple one more time, and I just want to make sure that it hasn't reset for anyone else. After reading numerous posts on here, I don't believe anyone has been able to successfully solve this issue? Also, I've heard that I could walk into an Apple Store and buy one no problem. But without the ability to reserve one (because of this error), the chances of getting a Plus are slim to none.

I am able to order it on AT&T's site no problem, but the wait is much longer than Apple. Thanks for any help! :)

2. Doublemint macrumors member

I still have this error message.. I had to cancel my preorder at the store since I want to pay full price instead of using my early upgrade with AT&T.

You are probably right that it doesn't have anything to do with eligibility and more like a bug in Apple's system because through AT&T my eligibility was reset the day I canceled my pre order.

3. PhaserFuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

4. jnj967 macrumors newbie

Was in the same boat. Message never went away. I reserved a Plus using Personal Pickup by opening a new/account with verizon. Then got to the store, the manager canceled that order, then sold me the same phone. Process took like 10 mins. We worth the little hassle since I was able to reserve a plus

5. PhaserFuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

That's actually a good idea. Did they give you any trouble canceling and then re buying the same phone? Knowing my luck, I'd do that and it wouldn't work.

6. epphllps macrumors 6502

I returned my 6 to regain upgrade eligibility and I'm going to order a + with my upgrade pricing so I'm keeping up with these posts. I can't pick it up in store bc I can't insert my current sim that has my Verizon unlimited data plan. I hope they fix this "bug" bc there really isn't an excuse for it to still be a problem at this point. I'm going to be relocating to a place with no access to an Apple Store and will be disappointed if I can't order online when I should have the ability to.

7. sleepyking macrumors 6502

I have also had this issue and with no luck.
    I finally went to the Apple Store on Saturday and was able to purchase a phone with no issues.

This seems to be the only solution if you want to purchase directly from Apple. Otherwise you should be able to go through your carrier

8. epphllps macrumors 6502

Has anyone ordered by phone using an upgrade? Maybe this would work instead of the site for us who are affected by the "bug".