We Have our First emoji Race Scandal!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Eadfrith, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Eadfrith macrumors 6502

Eadfrith

http://dlisted.com/2016/12/24/ellen-pompeo-was-criticized-for-using-black-emojis/#more-242037

"A&E has a show about the Ku Klux Klan coming out. They had originally titled it Generation KKK (tasteful!), but that didn’t fly with the general public. So they changed the title to the rather “we’re really, really sorry for being jaunty about racism“-sounding Escaping the KKK: A Documentary Series Exposing Hate in America. Grey’s Anatomy actress Ellen Pompeo, whose husband is African-American, congratulated A&E for the name change in a tweet. She used some emojis that represented black people. It didn’t go so over well. "

I was wondering when this would happen.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You were wondering when people on social media would overreact to something?

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Ridiculous. Everyone should be able to use all emojis.

4. Eadfrith thread starter macrumors 6502

Eadfrith

No, just surprised it took this long

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I don't know why celebrities even interact with fans on social media, there are so many idiots out there with nothing better to do but overreact to any little thing.

6. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

What is that, I can't make it out very well, is it brown hands doing a high five and a thumbs up?

I can't see why anyone would be offended by that, I thought I was going to see some of the "Black Emojis" that are far less "tasteful".

7. edk99 macrumors 6502a

8. shyam09, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016

shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Lucky we at MR aren't ... oh..

:mad:: EMOJIST against RED PEOPLE. Only for use by red people.

:confused:: EMOJIST against BLUE PEOPLE. Only for use by blue people.

:cool:: EMOJIST against BLUE PEOPLE wearing SUNGLASSES. Only for use by blue people.

:p: EMOJIST against PINK PEOPLE who like to stick out their tongues. Only for use by pink people.

:D: EMOJIST against GREEN PEOPLE. Only for use by green people.

:eek:: EMOJIST against BLUE PEOPLE again... seriously, the smurfs would be pissed right now. Only for use by blue people.

:oops:: EMOJIST against PURPLE PEOPLE. Only for use by purple people.

:rolleyes:: EMOJIST against PURPLE PEOPLE. Only for use by purple people.

:apple:: Really ... BLACK? Pfft. This is unrepresentative of the whole. I demand a red, blue, yellow, white, pink, green, purple, brown, tan, and rainbow colored Apple logo.

How dare we take the color of emojis so lightly?!!! It's nothing more than internet racism. Thank goodness for the people reacting to Ellen's tweet, 'brown' emojis is very uncalled for!

I request everyone here to begin using the appropriate emoji colors to avoid any conflicts and confrontations from the aforementioned 'colored' people.

(just in case --- /s)

*EDIT: removed a space between angry emoji and colon