Weak WiFi signal with iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cmakohon, Oct 17, 2012.

1. cmakohon macrumors newbie

Lately I've been having a really weak wifi signal in my house with my iPhone 5. Only the bottom blip of the wifi signal is filled in. Anybody else experiencing this issue? I'm using an airport extreme, FWIW.

2. Luz1978 macrumors newbie

Mine is the same also, jut stays at bottom of three indicators, doesn't seem to affect speed of net usage etc though...

3. DeltaHF macrumors member

I have also found my 5's WiFi reception to be slightly weaker than my 4S was in the same location. Both the indicator and actual speed seem to be down, and I've often seen it drop back to a cellular connection.

4. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

The i5 WiFi is weaker. My wife still has the 4S and when we're upstairs (third floor, router is on first floor) she still has 3 bars and I have either 1 bar or NONE. In fact 50% of the time my i5 switches to LTE if I'm on the third floor.

It's a bit annoying as my iMac, iPad and my wife's 4S all work fine off our home WiFi. I'm upset they didn't make the WiFi as strong as the previous model. It's poor form.

5. Gunny011 macrumors regular

6. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

When your wifi is low, have you reset your iPhone to see if it makes any difference? (Hold down Power & Home buttons until you see apple on screen & then release both buttons, in case you're not familiar.)

7. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Or a quicker fix might be just toggling wifi off then back on, I find it often helps.

8. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

If toggling doesn't yield significant results, try the reset.

9. xFiGGiE macrumors member

What happened to "It just works."

10. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Fortunately, we have not been plagued with this problem.