Weather App Weirdness

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PaulieORF, Dec 21, 2011.

1. PaulieORF macrumors regular

This has been happening for me for about a week now, but happens constantly and randomly since it started. What happens is my weather app will stroke out on me, giving me the current weather and forecast for up to 4 days ago, for some of my cities. Some cities will be giving me the current weather and the forecast for today and the upcoming days. Other cities will show me the wrong weather (temperature is a give away when it says it's 18 degrees out, when it's really in the 50s) as well as the forecast for 4 days ago. For example, the first day in the forecast will be Saturday, when in fact it should be Wednesday. At the bottom of the screen for that city it will say that it was last updated as of right now, but it clearly isn't. Sometimes it will show the moon and purple background in the middle of the day, clearing showing that it's giving me weather that was grabbed from sometime at night.

Any solution to this? I haven't seen this posted by anyone else, only other weather issues. I saw one that sounded ever so slightly related, and tried resetting network settings as the proposed solution tot that problem said. No dice, still happens. I also removed all of my cities and re-added them. Additionally, it happens to the local weather city as well. Tried turning that off and on, still no luck.

Thanks.

2. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

I haven't run into this issue with the stock weather app. Sometimes it won't update or it will say offline in notification center, but I always get the right weather.

I do notice that there may be different locations within a city sometimes and you'll need to choose the one closest to you. I'm in San Francisco where a mile or two can have significantly different weather.

3. PaulieORF thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, but that's not the issue here. I'm looking at my town right now in the app and it says it's 32 degrees and clear. If I walk outside, I know for a fact it's pouring rain and in the 50s.

4. beady macrumors newbie

I've been having a similar problem. Some cities had the days wrong.
    Not sure if it was showing old data or if the correct weather was being shown against the wrong day.