Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kitty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
MAC PROBLEMS - HELP!!!!

when ever i start up my cam in ichat or yahoo messenger it crashes after about 1 minute.

in ichat the following message appears:

ichat internal error
NS Invalid Arguement Exception
***-(NSPlaceholderStringinit WithString :]: nil string
(or other) arguement

once crashed - i am kicked out of the internet as well and cannot reconnect without restarting.

I have tried this in Panther 10.3.3 having downloaded ioxperts cam driver, the ichatUSBcam1.1.2, AND the application enhancer.

THIS ERROR happens with both my LOGITECH QUICKCAM ZOOM and also LOGITCH QUICKCAM PRO4000

My webcams work on yahoo without crashing on my PC laptop so it cant be the cameras

I reformatted my mac completely back to OSX 10.2.8 and IT STILL HAPPENS so it cant be the mac or panther specifically (G4 tower)

My net connection is completely fine on web browsers AND messenger programs without cams so I doubt its that

I have installed and uninstalled the messenger programs to no effect.

PLEASE SOMEONE HEEEEEEEELP! I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent PLUS money in buying full versions of the cam software which I then lost during reformatting - I also spent lots of money buying a new webcam only to find out it still happens. I am exhausted having spent over 6 hours when I got home from work last night alone.

If you know of any friends or forums which could help PLEASE contact me at kitty-von-sometime@mail.com

Thank you so much
Kitty

kitty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
UPDATE

i returned home from work last night and tried to use cam on yahoo (as someone asked for my crash logs to assess) and I HAD NOT CHANGED ANYTHING since the night before when all it would do is crash.

and IT NO LONGER CRASHES.

BUT the cam is b/w no matter what i do to the cam controls and on occasion when restarting the cam the image scrolls so you can see 2 or 4 corners of the image scrolling very fast

do you think that this could be an actual hardware problem? as i have tried it with 2 cams and 2 operating systems AND reformatted...????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.