Website PinkNews celebrating pedophilia

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:58 PM.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Gross.

Gay age gap couple: ‘People assume we’re father and son’

Gay couple Mark, 55, and Kayleb, 22, have been dating for six years and regularly get mistaken for father and son.

The pair, who met on Grindr, were initially in a Sugar Daddy arrangement, but after finding a strong connection they decided to become official.

The pair became “a genuine couple that has love between us” and recently moved to Hawaii together with their two dogs.

Kayleb had never been in a relationship prior to dating Mark but now the couple are planning to get married.
    https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/08/14/gay-age-gap-couple-kayleb-alexander-father-and-son/

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

can you be any more biased?
    since when is dating someone who is 22 pedophilia ? they met when he was at the age of consent o_Oo_Oo_O

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

16 is legal age here in the U.K. to be fair. Still I wouldn’t exactly call this moral - but neither is an 18 year old and a 55 year old.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The age of consent is 16 in a number of US states, including Hawaii.

The younger man is 22 and can join the army, vote, drive, take out a mortgage. I'm not exactly sure why you classify this as pedophilia.

5. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

He’s from the UK? I assumed not because of his American accent.
    So you have no problem with a man nearly 50 hooking up with a 16 year old on Grinder? or Or you’re offended because I called it pedophilia?

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I am not offended, you are wrong to call it something that it's not, simple as that. guessing if this was a straight couple you might not have started the thread......

7. LordVic macrumors 603

This is one of those "icky" cases I think where yes, morally a lot of people are not going to like this. But legally, It probably wouldn't be illegal as he was 16 when they met.

I haven't studied up on my laws in this, but IIRC last time i did read them, it would be legal, as long as the elder gentleman somehow coerced via force, or via position of power the younger into the relationship.

Still not my cup-o-tea, but it's not really pefodilia

8. Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Um, you’d be wrong. Disgusting is disgusting gay or straight.