Website to be taken down...

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Sorry

Sorry, things like that upset me alot. I HATE WINDOWS but don't like the way they sometimes hit back!

Guy

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Pathetic

the fact that some idiot actually took the time and energy to devote a poorly designed website to bash Apple is pretty pathetic...

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
bash steve jobs

bash apple's customer service at times

bash the lack of mac software at your average chain store

and you can make a good argument for any of those gripes

...but try to bash the apple machines and then you got a problem because they are much better than any pc out there in the same price range...they last longer, they are easier to use for a newbie, they require less maintenance, and they look much much better

so if the site, which i have seen at times, bashes the first three things i mentioned, no problemo

but someone who bashes any mac made in the last ten years either got a rare lemon or never really owned one

but at least we are winning converts everyday to the ranks of mac users

ThlayliTheFierce

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
well...

They pretty much bash the computers. It's funny how vastly pathetic their stabs at Macs are. Nowhere did I see a strong valid argument, mostly "facts" blindly submitted, without a lot of backing. For example:

Mac OS X is not based on UNIX per-se. OS X is based on the Mach kernel, which is more of a kernel philosophy than anything concrete. Most versions of BSD have their roots in a Mach kernel of some form or another. A heavy dash of NeXT technologies will also populate the much-delayed OS.

The best read is the "idiot mail" section.

In short, this is a site run by people with nothing better to do than bash Apple in order to make their penises feel longer.

[Edited by ThlayliTheFierce on 12-29-2001 at 05:43 AM]

Classic

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2001
Out of fear of the pot calling the kettle black, I think I'll plead the 5th on this one....

Incidentally, did anybody else read the "Dual Duel"?

http://www.dv.com/magazine/2002/0102/hones0102.html

Granted, the tests done weren't on OS X - What is that you say? Those programs aren't available yet for OS X? Whatever.

The point is, Apple needs some major improvements in RAM, and that Oasis of a G5. By then the software will be there. But also, by then the PCs will have made their improvements as well.