Website to ensure my iPhone 5 is still unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Myiphone7, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

I did unlock fusion and got the iTunes Congratulations!

Any websites that can verify I'm still unlocked?

2. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

The websites are wrong sometimes. I suggest you get a SIM from a different carrier and put it in your phone to test.

3. Myiphone7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What's the easiest way to do this? And cheapest

4. ProudLoz macrumors regular

But a T-mobile sim card from ebay, t-mobile.com, or a retail store and just pop it in the iPhone 5. You're either looking for the "No Service" or "T-Mobile" where the carrier usually is to confirm that it's unlocked.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

If you got the Congratulations message in iTunes then you're fine. Why would you think it got locked again :confused:

6. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

You can also use •redsn0w 0.9.15b2 to deactivate the sim, start itunes and it will activate the sim and show the UNLOCK message.

7. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Borrow a nanoSIM from a friend on a different provider. That's the simplest and cheapest. Free is always cheapest. ;)

8. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

You can go to the T-Mobile store and get one. It's very cheap. If they only have micro sim, get that and cut it into a nano sim.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That will not work on an iPhone 5.

10. hNicolas macrumors 6502

hNicolas

Redsn0w doesn't even recognize my iPhone 5's model number. It gives me an invalid model warning. It does see it as an iPhone 5 though.

Has anyone else seen this?

11. Myiphone7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Where can I buy the tmobile nano sim for iPhone 5?

If someone can send me a link that'd be awesome :)

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Search on ebay for a tmobile nano sim or microsim.
    I got a tmobile microsim for 99 cents shipped.
    Then I just cut it down to nanosim size and just used it to confirm my unlock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Simple-...170922996392?pt=SIM_Cards&hash=item27cbcdf2a8
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SIMPLE-...190738289616?pt=SIM_Cards&hash=item2c68e353d0
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-MOBIL...190738271419?pt=SIM_Cards&hash=item2c68e30cbb

13. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

I think everyday you'll have to check to make sure it is unlocked, starting at 6am and again at 10am. That is the only way to be safe.

14. Myiphone7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Welcome.

16. Link00seven macrumors regular

So if you get "No Service" you're good? I assume that if you're locked you get some other error message?

17. ProudLoz macrumors regular

Yeah, if you're locked to a carrier, when you insert another SIM, it'll say something along the lines of "This SIM card is not compatible".

I can verify this since I've done it to my iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4 that I unlocked for someone who was using T-Mobile. I bought two SIMs, one to actually activate on my line and another one to replace it with my friend's T-Mobile Sim card since she didn't want to cut hers down.

The Sim I was planning to activate said "T-Mobile" on where the carrier usually is, and the other Sim Card (on the iPhone 4) said "No Service". However, the Micro-Sim (for my friend) from T-Mobile eventually changed to saying "T-Mobile" after a few minutes. I believe that the "No Service" eventually changed to "T-Mobile" since it had to scan for a carrier around the area, and once it found the T-Mobile service, it changed the carrier on the phone automatically.

Another thing you can look for, is in the Settings App, look for a new selection called "Carrier" right under the "Bluetooth" section in the Settings App. Once I put in an AT&T sim back in my iPhone, the "Carrier" section would disappear.