Website to ensure my iPhone 5 is still unlocked?

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
I did unlock fusion and got the iTunes Congratulations!

Any websites that can verify I'm still unlocked?

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
But a T-mobile sim card from ebay, t-mobile.com, or a retail store and just pop it in the iPhone 5. You're either looking for the "No Service" or "T-Mobile" where the carrier usually is to confirm that it's unlocked.

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
If you got the Congratulations message in iTunes then you're fine. Why would you think it got locked again :confused:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Where can I buy the tmobile nano sim for iPhone 5?

If someone can send me a link that'd be awesome :)
Search on ebay for a tmobile nano sim or microsim.
I got a tmobile microsim for 99 cents shipped.
Then I just cut it down to nanosim size and just used it to confirm my unlock.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Simple-...170922996392?pt=SIM_Cards&hash=item27cbcdf2a8
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SIMPLE-...190738289616?pt=SIM_Cards&hash=item2c68e353d0
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-MOBIL...190738271419?pt=SIM_Cards&hash=item2c68e30cbb

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010

Link00seven

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Michigan, USA
But a T-mobile sim card from ebay, t-mobile.com, or a retail store and just pop it in the iPhone 5. You're either looking for the "No Service" or "T-Mobile" where the carrier usually is to confirm that it's unlocked.
So if you get "No Service" you're good? I assume that if you're locked you get some other error message?

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
So if you get "No Service" you're good? I assume that if you're locked you get some other error message?
Yeah, if you're locked to a carrier, when you insert another SIM, it'll say something along the lines of "This SIM card is not compatible".

I can verify this since I've done it to my iPhone 5 and an iPhone 4 that I unlocked for someone who was using T-Mobile. I bought two SIMs, one to actually activate on my line and another one to replace it with my friend's T-Mobile Sim card since she didn't want to cut hers down.

The Sim I was planning to activate said "T-Mobile" on where the carrier usually is, and the other Sim Card (on the iPhone 4) said "No Service". However, the Micro-Sim (for my friend) from T-Mobile eventually changed to saying "T-Mobile" after a few minutes. I believe that the "No Service" eventually changed to "T-Mobile" since it had to scan for a carrier around the area, and once it found the T-Mobile service, it changed the carrier on the phone automatically.

Another thing you can look for, is in the Settings App, look for a new selection called "Carrier" right under the "Bluetooth" section in the Settings App. Once I put in an AT&T sim back in my iPhone, the "Carrier" section would disappear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.