Webster/Clearlake TX, Baybrook Mall

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by coolpox003, Jun 19, 2010.

1. coolpox003 macrumors newbie

Anyone going to Baybrook Mall to get the iPhone 4 Thursday Morning? What time are you going to get there??:apple:

2. extenet macrumors member

I am! I'm going to call them next week to see what time we can get into the mall. I'll probably go up there around 5:00AM, they usually let people in the mall about an hour early :) What about you?

3. extenet macrumors member

4. Dtown213 macrumors newbie

I will be there since I was a victim of a canceled order! Anyone know what time the mall will let us in?

5. extenet macrumors member

according to another post in this forum, the doors open at 6. I'll be there at 5 :) How did your order get canceled?

6. Iphone4Mac macrumors member

7. Dtown213 macrumors newbie

Probably because of duplicate orders somehow. Talked with Executive Customer Service this morning and she couldn't figure out why both orders were canceled instead of the duplicate. At least I get a month of free phone service out of it.

I'm looking forward to Thursday morning though, it will be something to do since I've been off work for a while.

I'll probably be there around 5 too. Which doors will be open? The one between Sears and Macy's?

8. extenet macrumors member

That's terrible! I'm not sure which doors will be open. I am going to call the store today and see what they have to say.

9. txcountryguy82 macrumors newbie

I will be there. Thinking about 5 AM but may adjust that depending on what the Apple store there says.

10. disarticulate macrumors regular

Correct. When I spoke with the mall office, they said that "entrance 2" will likely be the first to be unlocked. This is the entrance between Sears and Macy's that routinely evaluates your dietary discipline as you pass by Cinnabon.

I just read some posts on chron.com of people hating on iPhone buyers who must obtain it on the day it comes out, stating that these people have nothing better to do with their time and should focus more on be producers instead of consumers. I'm a medical student, I am PAYING to work 100 hour weeks. Am I allowed a little satisfaction of a nice gadget once a year? I should hope so.

11. Dtown213 macrumors newbie

Ha! I'm lucky because I don't start my new job until October. If I were working I more than likely wouldn't be taking off Thursday to get one, but who knows, I have taken days off in the past for similar things.

I think I have been extremely patient with my old 3G, since it's the first phone I have been content with the entire 2 years of the contract.

I hardy do release day events/camp outs, but the ones I have done have been fun.

I'm assuming I'll see most of you Thursday!

12. extenet macrumors member

The chronicle is a terrible newspaper. They couldn't pay me ton read it. I'm in the same boat with my 3G. Time for an upgrade and why not have some fun. I'll be outside the entrance at 5. See you guys then!

13. Iphone4Mac macrumors member

Any updates on baybrook? What doors are gonna be opening...

14. extenet macrumors member

Spoke with a concierge yesterday. Nothing really new. From another post in this forum, the doors closest to the cinnabon will be opening first. I'll be out there around 4:30-5:00AM. They'll have two lines going once inside the mall. Praying they have a stray white one around...

15. dcardenas macrumors newbie

I'm on my way now. Going to scope the place out. 60% of rain tonight.

16. dcardenas macrumors newbie

Just got back from the store. From what I can gather. They will be opening entrance 1 first (makes sense logically). The distance between entrance 1 (by build a bear and forever 21) to the apple store is about the same as entrance 2 (cin-a-bon) to the apple store. Im going to take my chance and go with entrance 1. see ya there... btw i tried to bribe one of the security guards but he said he wasn't working the night shift

17. extenet macrumors member

Will you be posting? maybe we can try to have 1 person at each entrance and save a place for whoever's not at the right entrance?

18. dcardenas macrumors newbie

yea ill post from my iphone... when i get there ill update this board..

19. disarticulate macrumors regular

This sounds like a good idea. I called again today, and he told me that it's up to the security which entrance is open first. However, I have taken precautionary measures to ensure that we'll be at the correct entrance. ;)

20. ironmaiden5536 macrumors newbie

when i called the security person told me they would be opening all the entrances at 6am but the entrance between Sears and Macy's (the cinnabon entrance) is probably the best one to go to.

21. extenet macrumors member

I'll be there by 5 posting from the cinnabon entrance. Gonna be good times!

22. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

At baybrook now. About 15 people in line. It's 10.

23. extenet macrumors member

Ah, I was afraid of that. . . hmmm. . .

24. Iphone4Mac macrumors member

25. toxictrix macrumors 6502a