Weed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by TSE, Apr 19, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hi, I am 15 and my girlfriend I have found out has been doing weed. I seriously don't think weed is that bad, I've never done it or anything, but I have a couple of friends that have done it, but I am just not comfortable with her doing it. She's never said anything about it to me or talked about it, so I don't know what to think? Should I not care?

2. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Weed is illegal and all, so if she was busted and you're present, you'll likely be in trouble too.

Guess it's really up to you if you care or not.

3. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

My mind says I shouldn't care, because alcohol is probably worse for a person than weed.

But my conscience is making me question.

That sounds really cheesy but that is honestly what is up right now.

4. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Weed is not such a big deal, but the fact that she has apparently kept it from you is. You might need to have a talk about trust and secrets. However, if you're not comfortable with her toking, then you probably ought to split up. It's not the kind of thing someone wants to be told to stop, especially at your age.

As for the legal point, that is something you should keep in mind too.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nobody here can tell you if you should care or not.

I'd find out why she felt she needed to take drugs, and worst of all to keep it from you.

6. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Here is where it gets more juicy:

I found out by her friend, who supposedly is the only one that knows that she does it, so if I was to split up with her because of it, could that make her mad at her friend? I wouldn't want to do that.

7. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Here are the facts*:
    It's just a plant.
    weed is a substance that messes with your head.
    People get all up in arms about it, with no evidence or reason to.
    It will probably be legal one day.
    It isn't dangerous. (well it's about as dangerous as blow drying your hair)

Mayhaps you should ask her about it, have someone halfway intelligent explain it to you, and get yourself a dub.

*I might be a little bias

8. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

So she smokes alone or just with this one friend? Why did the friend tell you? If it's supposed to be such a secret, it's not a good thing of her friend to spill the beans. Maybe her friend isn't much of a friend.

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Don't mention her friend. Tell her you can see it in her eyes, or you've smelled it on her (IDK make something up) bring it up without getting her friend involved. Don't worry if it doesn't work out though, you are only 15.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

ummm you make it seem like something he should be accusing her of. Weed really isn't anything special, if she doesn't want to share it with him she is not obligated to.

11. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I have another fact:

All the American demand for weed is causing unspeakable violence in Mexico just to get you a joint (unless you're positive that it didn't come through Mexico, which I imagine is quite hard to prove).

12. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Yes, your mouth can offer consent, but legally, only laws can give you the right to consent.

If the law says weed is illegal, that is the only thing that will stand up in court. Not your desire to use it.

13. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well I know all my weed comes from Eugene... It's probably a lot harder to get Mexican schwagg in Oregon than it is to get the yummy homegrown.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Weed? I'd be more concerned about alcohol than weed, and I drink beer pretty darn often.

15. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

If it bothers you that she does it then confront her about it and tell her how you feel. You don't have to mention her friend, but if you know that she does do it and she isn't admitting it to you then you might want to think it through if you want to be in this relationship.

16. TK B$K macrumors 6502

i give that a +1. weed is FTW... the more goes in the happier you are. Alcohol.... the more goes in, the more comes out/drama/problems/poop/dui/unprotectedsex/etc.

17. paolo- macrumors 6502a

Just sneak the topic up in a regular conversation and have a decent talk with her about it... No need to be up in arms with this situation.

She probably tried pot a few times and experiments but doesn't want you to know about as it's something personal and knows you'd be against it.

Bottom line, talk.

18. Surely Guest

Surely

I agree with some of your, um, facts, but do you really think that telling a minor to go get himself a dub is a good idea? Would you tell him to go get himself a bottle of vodka if this thread was about alcohol?

My view: your girlfriend smoking pot isn't a big deal. The real issue is why she hasn't/won't tell you about it.

Hey, isn't tomorrow 4/20? :cool:

19. andrewsd macrumors 6502

Cali/weed

Mine comes from California and I can prove it. On another note you are only 15 so how others said talk to her and if it doesn't work out oh well move on

20. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You're right, I wasn't thinking much
    It most certainly is, but I have a doctor appointment. I wouldn't consider myself enough of an avid smoker though to do something for 4/20.

21. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

haha good call.

anyway have you ever heard of something called a gateway drug? weed is pretty harmless as far as im concerned but that isnt the whole story. having gone to a music school where all the freshman start out doing weed and by their sr. year are into all kinds of drugs (cocaine and LSD being the drug of choice). so just be careful. i mean she is only 15 but she could get into other drugs that are a lot worse.

22. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I just rolled around laughing. Seriously? Gateway drug? have anything to support that, other than a ridiculous anecdote? Alcohol and percs can be considered just as much of a gateway drug. In fact most people who drink alcohol started with milk...

23. Surely Guest

Surely

I figured as much- I've seen you post a number of times, and your advice is usually more responsible than that.
    Just wanted to check..... :cool:

Me neither. I used to be though. I've got a lot of work to do tomorrow anyway. Besides, since moving to Los Angeles, I don't have any connections. :(:(

24. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

ok believe whatever you want buddy.

and the whole milk leading to alcohol thing was just plain dumb.

25. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well there's an even greater correlation of alcoholics starting with milk than there is a correlation of heroin addicts starting with pot.

Correlation does not mean causation.