WEEEEIIIIRRRRD!!!! My iPhone turns on my Lacie Hard Drive!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iiqwertyii, Sep 3, 2008.

1. iiqwertyii macrumors newbie

The weirdest thing happens when I bring my iPhone close to my Lacie hard drive. As soon as I bring the phone within a few inches of the hard drive it turns on. I don't have don't have it plugged into a computer. The drive turns on as soon as you connect it to the computer and when it's not plugged in it'll stay off. I've never had it turn on without it being connected to the computer somehow. I wonder what kind of signal the iphone is transmitting to make the hard drive turn on?

edit: I was trying to go to Macworld.com from my iPhone safari browser and my keyboard and mouse disconnected from computer... it's not wireless...both are wired...and while typing this my hard drive just turned on again while I navigated to a different site on the iPhone. Weird.

2. viggen61 macrumors 6502

I don't know about your drive, but all sorts of weird things happen with my Apple Studio Displays if I get anything that generates Radio Frequency energy anyplace near the touch buttons.

If yout LaCie drive has that type of button (where you don't so mych pus the button as merely tap it...), that could be the problem.

I was moving a set of headphones last week, and my whole G4 turned on, because the headphone cord was near some AC cords, and the headphone cord got near the power button on the 15" Studio (LCD) display...

:apple::apple: