Weekend battery test... 16gb 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by isoft7, Nov 7, 2011.

1. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Settings as follows:

Location Services off, brightness set to 45%, only some notifications turned on, icloud disabled, ping disabled, fetch email...

Time spent:

4.5 hours streaming radio via 3G (screen off and on a lot)
    1 hour gaming
    30 min safari internet browsing
    30 min of phone calls
    30 or so texts
    15 or so emails
    15 min showing friends some camera pics

Unplugged the phone at full charge on Friday afternoon, around 5pm, took me all the way through this morning, until around 1pm.

It's funny, you can kill this thing in hours if you slam it, or it'll last forever if you baby it.

So strange.

Attached Files:

2. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Wow... Havent gotten close to that, ive gotten like 6 hrs of useage, and 16 hours of standby :\

3. Jman13 macrumors 68000

It completely depends on the usage.

Yesterday, I had 9 hours 20 minutes of usage with 17 hours of standby and had 16% left.

Most days, I'll have 30% left at the end of the day with just 4 hours of usage. Really depends on what you're doing with the phone rather than just the amount of time the phone was in use.

4. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

5. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

That's nice. :rolleyes:

6. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly my point as well, the battery life on this device is incredibly fickle, I've never had a phone like it before. You can go days using it one way, then 3 hours using it another.

Doesn't make sense, I mean all phones have swing, but never to this extreme.

7. mpossoff macrumors 68020

You must not use your iPhone like some of us. It depends on the standby/usage ration. My ratio is normally... Usage is 1/2 of my standby. Example 6 hours standby , 3 hours usage.

In other words the ratio is important as well as how one is using it. I can start at 6 AM in the morning and have 6 hours standby and 3 hours usage by 12 PM.

8. isoft7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, kinda sucks for me that I don't have rich parents and have actually had to work to have the things I want. Sure must be nice sitting around like a dbag and getting all the worlds riches poured into your lap.

:)

9. derickdub macrumors 6502

There's nothing wrong with 16GB model. I got it, not because I can't afford the 32GB or 64GB, but because there is no reason to have the 32GB or 64GB model. I'm barley have 1.3GB used on my iPhone. I keep my photos and videos on my MBP (even if I had the 64GB) and I have 120GB in music which the iPod classic is the only solution for that.

So unless there was a 1TB iPhone, I would have no reason buying anything other than the 16GB. Honestly if someone really needed the 64GB model, $200 extra is a very small price for it. That's like what, a day of work?

I still haven't been able to get my usage to 7+ hours. I don't baby my iPhone like that though.

10. ewils19 macrumors 6502

Haha my thoughts exactly.
    I guess we're lesser people because we can't afford more than a 16GB phone ;)

11. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Err no..thats alot of money. Not worth it IMO not when you have bills to pay...hell the £500 i paid was alot of money and took a while to save up to get my 16GB

12. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Kind of snotty little post, don't you think kid?

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My original iPhone 4S I got on launch day lasted about one day on a charge (about 14 hours) and then I had to recharge it every night (which I do anyways since I use it as my alarm clock).

Well I had a problem, so I got a replacement from Apple. Weirdly the replacement 4S lasted 2.5 days on one charge and I didn't change my usage habits at all.

14. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Wow 2 days and only 30 texts .... Never happen for me.

15. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I know lots are dogging you for this but I got the joke, it's funny. Sorry lots here don't have a funny bone.

I was very unhappy with battery performance at first but turned off the things I didn't use anyway and now it's as good as my 4. I use my phones pretty hard and haven't run out after making the changes.

16. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Its people like you who I do it for. As long as even just one person gets it I'm still happy. Its still art even if only one person understands the dryness of the humor.