Weird Battery Problem on 11.2.6

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by wa2be, Feb 23, 2018.

1. wa2be macrumors member

My phone was showing 1% battery life this morning when I got up (down from 36% at bedtime). I shut the phone off while I was at the gym, then turned it back on when I was ready to leave. Upon turning it back on, the battery life was showing 30%. On the drive to work (20 minutes), it quickly drained down to 20% even though I had it plugged in to the USB charger on my car stereo. I shut the phone off again at work, and when I restarted it the battery indicator was showing 33%. So basically I have no idea what the actual battery life is now because it changes drastically with each restart. This has never happened before, which make me wonder if it's related to iOS 11.2.6 (iPhone 7). Any thoughts?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Either two things. Your battery meter is uncalibrated. Or your battery health is starting to decline to point of failure.

If you have a Mac Download Coconut battery and plug in your iPhone to check battery health. If it’s around 80% range, you need a new battery. If it’s not. Charge your phone up to 100% then all the way down to 0% in one go. Leave the phone off for an hour, plug it back it and charge to 100% without unplugging. This will calibrate the battery meter.

Remember, the battery meter is only an estimate. It will never be perfect.