Weird blueish haze on my iPhone 5 screen?

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
When there is a white image or website displayed, there's a light blueish haze in the top right of my screen that bleeds down. I didn't notice it at first, but now it's all I see. I already swapped out my first iPhone 5 because of multi-touch issues. I really hate to go back to Apple to get this swapped AGAIN. Will Apple give me any problems trying to replace this? It's not noticeable unless the screen is white and you kinda have to focus on it.. but most websites have white backgrounds, so it's definitely an issue. I'm worried the "Genius" might not see it though and just think i'm being nit picky.

Anyone else have this problem?

Here's some pictures taken with my iPad. Hopefully it shows up alright!

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
That looks horrible. If it's not a screen protector or some kind of cleaning fluid you applied, I would take it back. It's definitely noticeable.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
That looks horrible. If it's not a screen protector or some kind of cleaning fluid you applied, I would take it back. It's definitely noticeable.
Never used any cleaning solution and I did have an SGP screen protector, but that wasn't the cause. Speaking of, I'm mad that I've wasted 2 screen protectors now since they can't be reused :(

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Never used any cleaning solution and I did have an SGP screen protector, but that wasn't the cause. Speaking of, I'm mad that I've wasted 2 screen protectors now since they can't be reused :(
Actually you can reuse them if you are careful, unless you are using the glas.t

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
I'm taking it in tomorrow. Would this be considered a backlight issue? I really hope the Genius can see it.

PhaserFuzz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Well, for anyone who cares, I took it into the store and they swapped it no problem. The guy said that it was the result of the battery swelling and pushing against the LCD screen. I'm assuming that could've been really bad if I never took it in.

This new one seems to be perfect. Not even any scratches! :D

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.