Weird dilemma with phone numbers...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Sep 13, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

If I were to port my number over to Sprint from T-Mobile, does anyone know of a way to keep the T-Mobile line active with a whole new phone number? I don't want to cancel T-Mobile at all, but I would like my Sprint line to have my current phone number. (I also don't want to deal with an ETF for canceling an on-contract line, and I could use the T-Mobile line for business...but I would be forwarding all of the calls to the new Sprint phone)

I have asked all over at Sprint and T-Mobile, and all they could tell me was that the minute I port my number over, my old account will be cancelled no matter what :-/

2. takasugi macrumors regular

I'm wondering about this also. My daughter is buying an iPhone 5 on her own new plan and wants to port her number from my AT&T family plan. Her line is still under contract so I want to continue the line so I don't have to pay the ETF. I'll check with AT&T before we port but if anyone has done this before let me know.

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

As soon as you port, cancellation of account is inevitable.

What you could do though is open a second line on T-mo, then transfer your preferred number to Sprint.

Doing so, you'll be able to save your T-mo account but you'd still have to pay ETF.

Better than nothing.

4. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Yes, I have been trying to find a way to SAVE a phone number. I want to stay with ATT and willing to get a new number. I just want to keep my old number and port over to google voice. Keep all my service, etc with ATT.