Weird Exposé Artefact with Safari 4 and Nightly Webkit builds?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dojan5, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Dojan5 macrumors newbie

Hello.
    I updated to Safari 4 around november last year, then when the public beta came I was really excited. However, it had a bug with TinyMCE in Wordpress, so I resorted to using WebKit instead, and I couldn't be happier.
    However, a while ago I noticed a weird artefact when using Exposé (How I could live without it before, I don't know...)...
    Technically it's a small, fully transparent box, and it only occurs if you have Safari 4 or WebKit open... It's really weird. You do not need a window open, but Safari or WebKit needs to be running.
    Has anyone else noticed it or is it just me?
    I attached a screenshot of it...

Attached Files:

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

Safari 4: mystery invisible windows in Exposé

I had this problem with the Beta and I just figured it would be taken care of for the final version, but I just downloaded it and it's still a problem. I haven't seen anybody else mention this, so maybe its only an issue in Tiger? Here's a screen shot to show you what I mean. In this case, it was only one mystery window, but sometimes it ads even more. It doesn't seem to be related to how many tabs are open, from what I've seen.

I was actually a fan of tabs on top right from the start, so I'm obviously also annoyed by that decision. Meh, not exactly the biggest deal in the world.

4. Scaglietti macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem! I was also using the safari 4 beta, and now the final version in Tiger. I was assuming it would be something they'd take care of but i'm a bit disappointed they didn't.. Maybe it's some trick to get us to upgrade to (Snow) Leopard :)

5. cdover macrumors member

The same thing is happening with me, expect I have several large invisible windows (their number doesn't correspond to the number of tabs I have open, btw).

Attached Files:

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I haven't seen it since moving to Safari 4 Final.

7. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

Can everybody experiencing this issue please say whether they're on Tiger or Leopard? I have a feeling it's a Tiger issue only, as I haven't heard many people talk about it.

Here's a screenshot of mine

Attached Files:

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've only seen it on Leopard. I do have a Tiger machine with Safari 4 but I rarely Exposé on it.

My experience is more in tune with the last two images with the larger translucent square.

9. luksen macrumors newbie

me too

same problem here.. several transparent windows not correlated to # of tabs..

tiger 10.4.11

10. jeremyjdodd macrumors newbie

jeremyjdodd

RE Weird Expose artefact w/Safari 4

I am having the same issue with Safari 4. Running Tiger 10.4.11, MacBook Pro.

11. Dojan5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought it would've been fixed in the final release, but now after having it for a while, and there's even been an update, no change, still that weird artefact...

12. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've noticed that it doesn't happen on my Macbook's small display. It does show up on my iMac and when I attach my Macbook to an external display. :confused: