Weird iMessage issue on 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phillyi, Nov 8, 2011.

1. phillyi macrumors member

Hey guys! I was hoping I could get some help/advice regarding an issue I am having with imessage.

I received a mms imessage on saturday from a friend and deleted the msg that same day but for some reason that same mms msg keeps randomly showing up as a new imessage on my phone. Since deleting the original imessage on saturday, I have received the mms imessage about 6 times so far and my friend is not re-sending the msg either in fact he deleted it as well so we are both kind of baffled. anyone else run into this issue or know how to fix? is this a carrier issue?

Thanks in advance!

2. gMacbookPro macrumors member

i have something similar with iMessage too.
    I was using my 4S the day and I swab the sim back to my old iPhone 4 (ios5)
    After a while, I heard tons of new message alert. I checked and the iMessage reload all my messages from about 2-3hrs long, or maybe longer.

3. eirc macrumors newbie

Same Issue

My girlfriend and i both have iphone 4 and since the update the msg have been delayed at times or not sent at all or sent twice. Imry not sure whats going on it seem to be a issue with maybe droping full reception then it cant send the imessage the trys a text. Im just lost as to why it doubles up and take hours to get though ??

and im in Toronto so its deff a apple issue