Weird Internet page style for a lot of websites?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by michaelpyon, Jul 15, 2009.

1. michaelpyon macrumors newbie

I had just installed a new router, a Belkin F6D4230-4, and whenever my sister and I, both MacBook users, attempt to go on certain websites, the page style becomes extremely complicated and ugly to work with, with most pictures not loading. I had tried this with both Safari 4 and Firefox 3.5, but I can't figure out what the problem is and what I have to do to fix it. Here is a photo of what my websites generally look like:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/xstealthmunkyx/Picture1.png

I'm pretty sure it's not my browser's settings, because both of my browsers are on their defaults, but I could definitely be wrong. If anyone could give me any insight that would be fantastic! Cheers! :)

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It looks like some of the pages resources simply aren't getting loaded such as some CSS files. Could be a couple things, the server they're being hosted on are busy or down and unable to deliver it currently. Could be a general networking issue that is temporary. It could be internet gremlins. One thing to try is to reboot your router. Unplug it for a good 30 seconds and plug it back in. Sometimes it just needs a fresh start.

3. michaelpyon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your help, I can't believe I hadn't thought of that earlier! I haven't run into anymore script problems, but almost all of the pictures on websites are still represented by the question mark in the blue box. Is there some kind of plug-in I need to keep this problem from persisting?

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Shouldn't be a plug-in issue unless it's an odd item on the page. It's hard to say what's up with the images, the question mark generally just means it can't download the image for some reason. Try another browser in the mean time like Firefox, Opera, or Camino. The problem will likely rectify itself.