Weird iPhone 5S glitch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sakusha, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Sakusha macrumors newbie

So I was on my iPhone 5S reading a news article on twitter then suddenly while I was reading it my whole screen went blue for about 2-3 seconds then my phone turned off and restarted. My battery life right now is at 34% not charging.

What just happened? Seems like there was no harm done to my phone it's just that was really weird.

A glitch? Hack/breach? Or just a faulty error within the twitter app or iOS 7?

(Keep in mind I'm running on the latest iOS software update for my iPhone)

2. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

Ios 7 bug. Have a search of the forum. Lots of talk.

Most likely fixed in the next update.

3. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

For more info, search for the iOS 7 "Blue screen of death" issue. As indicated, should be fixed in upcoming release of 7.0.3 (or 7.1, whatever version it takes)

4. skylarbrenden macrumors member

I've also had this issue. Did the blue screen have a bunch of white lines on it? I haven't had any troubles after it happened, though. The phone just rebooted. It's happened about 4 times so far and I've had it since September 22.

5. iphone5s2013 macrumors member

Maybe you have jb-ed iOS, jb will make iOS less stable, random reboot.

Thanks.

6. Sakusha thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I had small pixelated white lines. Today was the first time it happened and I got my 5S the day it came out.

----------

Yes it appears that this is what I experienced, hopefully Apple will fix it soon.

7. mirz2000 macrumors regular

I don't know if this is related, but a couple times my phone has "restarted" in my purse. I will only know because I pull out my phone and it says that I must enter a password after restart. Maybe the blue screen happened and I didn't witness it?

(Hey I thought Microsoft had a corner on blue screens of death... :rolleyes:)