Weird iPhone lock screen (screenshot) - monitor/screen symbol?

sapsjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
Can someone please tell me what this means? It doesn't mean screen sharing or Anything like that right? I've seen it twice and knowing what it is would put my mind at ease. Thanks ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337865297.689394.jpg

sapsjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
My worry is...I don't use AirPlay and there is a wireless hacker in my neighborhood . I recently did a dfu install.

Is this something that happens without my knowledge?

sapsjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2008
I disabled wifi about a month ago but the first time this happened I was miles away from my house.

I just reenabled wifi with a strong wpa2 password and i saw it again earlier today.

Anyone able to do this remotely? I've never turned AirPlay on and don't own an apple tv.

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Hehehe i got these too long ago when ios5 beta :) i though it was a new option because ive never used airplay

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
When you are in wifi and double tap in lockscreen you will get the airplay option if you have apple tv etc in range , if not it will display iphone or ipad :) its a error i think and nothing to worry BUT if it display a device you dont own change wifi password or limit the connection by m.a.c address , you can also select option in your modem so your signal can only be access manual if you know the name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.