Weird iPhone lock screen (screenshot) - monitor/screen symbol?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sapsjr, May 24, 2012.

1. sapsjr macrumors newbie

Can someone please tell me what this means? It doesn't mean screen sharing or Anything like that right? I've seen it twice and knowing what it is would put my mind at ease. Thanks ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337865297.689394.jpg

2. Jakerz macrumors regular

It's the AirPlay icon. Nothing to be worried about.

3. sapsjr thread starter macrumors newbie

My worry is...I don't use AirPlay and there is a wireless hacker in my neighborhood . I recently did a dfu install.

Is this something that happens without my knowledge?

4. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

Are you on your own WiFi network, and is it password protected? (WPA2 to preferred)

5. sapsjr thread starter macrumors newbie

I disabled wifi about a month ago but the first time this happened I was miles away from my house.

I just reenabled wifi with a strong wpa2 password and i saw it again earlier today.

Anyone able to do this remotely? I've never turned AirPlay on and don't own an apple tv.

6. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Hehehe i got these too long ago when ios5 beta :) i though it was a new option because ive never used airplay

7. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

Try doing a Network Settings reset and then setting up your wifi on your phone again.

8. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

When you are in wifi and double tap in lockscreen you will get the airplay option if you have apple tv etc in range , if not it will display iphone or ipad :) its a error i think and nothing to worry BUT if it display a device you dont own change wifi password or limit the connection by m.a.c address , you can also select option in your modem so your signal can only be access manual if you know the name.