Weird issues with Apple Watch Sport, Applecare unable to reproduce the problems

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SHNXX, Apr 22, 2016.

1. SHNXX macrumors 68000

https://i.imgur.com/G030Iqs.jpg

So I took my Apple Watch into the Genius Bar after it started acting erratically (see the picture in the link), randomly turning off and turning unresponsive.
    Heart rate monitor also seemed to be erratic, because sometimes the HR would be super low during a workout until I take it off and put it on again (this was not an issue before), although this could have been a hardware issue where the sensors are scratched, etc.

When I purchased the Apple watch, I also purchased the Apple Care and I was told when purchasing that it would cover all types of damage, including even self-induced accidental damage (is this true?)

Genius Bar unpaired the Apple Watch, then did some diagnostics tests, which seemed to give some weird errors. Then the genius bar employee recommended that I send it in for repair.

Five days later, I get an email from the Apple Care team, telling me that they could not reproduce the issues. I called the Apple Care and was told by the employee that they won't fix or replace the Apple Watch if they cannot reproduce the issues.
    Finally, I got the watch back and things seem okay for now, although I haven't restored all the apps and the previous issues only intermittently took place, so it's unclear if I just haven't used it enough to reproiduce the issues.

Is this normal? What if the issues are difficult to reproduce because of the specific combination of apps and settings with some hardware problem that only come up rarely?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

So perhaps the culprit is the corrupted backup and they were unable to reproduce the problems because you've erased the AW before sending it in? Do the issues return when you restore from the backup, as you haven't restored all the apps?

3. SHNXX thread starter macrumors 68000

I just did a workout and noticed a new weird issue.
    When you start an Other Workout with No goal, isn't it supposed to show you current time, elapsed time and third measurement, which you can change?

http://i.imgur.com/VLMlO7S.jpg?1

In my case, I only see current time on the right, nothing in the middle and the third (HR, total calories, etc) at the bottom.
    Is this normal?

4. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

I tried the Other in workouts and I have the screen you posted - total calories plus I can swipe to see elapsed time, heart rate, active calories, and heart rate.

If you can't swipe through to see the other screens that is not normal.