well i guess thats the end of this whole arizona fiasco! Another victory for Obama

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dinaluvsApple, May 24, 2010.

1. dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hmm... after reading the article, I guess we'll just have to see how this plays out.

3. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

That's great. AZ will probably do a more efficient job anyway. More of a direct route back home. Probably about as fast as they got to AZ. If ICE was handling it, they would be in detention much longer, and cost the taxpayers a lot more money because of it taking so long to process. And with ICE, the policy is Don't Catch, so we don't have to release. Usually, the states were the ones that had to catch them anyway. But, maybe I'm wrong..... Time will tell.

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It could also be said if ICE was doing its job the states would not half to.

Either way ICE has been failing at its job for quite some time now.

5. dinaluvsApple thread starter macrumors regular

sorry but
    try again next time

http://www.ncls-inc.com/immigration/deportation/index.htm

Generally deportation is removal of an alien from the United States when the alien has been found removable for violating the immigration laws. Deportation is ordered by an immigration judge without any punishment being imposed or contemplated. Prior to April 1997 deportation and exclusion were separate removal procedures. The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 consolidated these procedures. After April 1, 1997 , aliens in and admitted to the United States may be subject to removal based on deportability. Now called Removal, this function is managed by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I fail to see how this is the end of the Arizona law

It merely pointed out the the ICE may not accept all people referred to by non federal personelle

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing too.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Probably ought to merge this with the existing thread...

9. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

All the more reason to FIRE our sitting government for not doing, or refusing, to do their job.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

How are they refusing to do their job?

11. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I think they are doing a pretty poor job of removing illegals

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Anyone want to question whether the federal government is trying to undermine their own laws anymore? This has been about votes all the time, they want to grant amnesty to all of these illegals and are in no way interested in protecting our borders or getting criminals out of our country.

Napolitano has shown time and time again she is not fit for her position, get her out. The federal government won't process criminals that they are responsible for? Fine, the state will have to take the matters into its own hands, its about time our overbearing federal government received a reality check.

13. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Subtext: ICE recognize that the AZ law is Constitutional minefield. Challenging the constitutionality of the law themselves is well outside ICE's mandate, but they reserve the right not to step wherever AZ tells them to step.

14. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

You DIDN'T really ask that.... And the subject is immigration.

15. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Some people just have a big chip on their shoulder and want to take offense with something that does not affect them, they get satisfaction for doing what they think is going to get the praise and such.

In other words, so much sacrifice there is in posting on a message board.

Sorry, its disgusting that the federal government won't do their job and worse are the people who demonize those who would. If they are here illegally what part of that people don't understand?

A large amount of crime is committed by illegals. I fail to see how enforcing existing laws are wrong. Worse, how the idiots in this administration all the way to the top who see nothing more than an opportunity to score points with their lunatic fringe.

16. Mac N Tosh macrumors regular

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Is the paragraph below the paragraph is question? If so, it is taken woefully out of context and is twisted in a very childish manner solely to rile the "right" up.....

Just sayin'
    Emphasis mine

That does not mean they won't do their job, but rather they will not necessarily process everyone referred to them by a non federal person. Makes sense to me seeing how it is the ICE's job to process those here illegally. The ICE says they only process those that are referred by federal agents...AZ is not federal. I don't see the issue with that statement tbh seeing as it's true.

18. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

the arizona law makes not having proper documentation an arizona class 1 misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail so it's inevitable that arizona is going to pay the cost of arresting, trying, and jailing the people they arrest for breaking an arizona law.

Why would anybody think otherwise?

19. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I'm not sure how this is a victory for President Obama. If anything, this will just piss off more people especially in Arizona.

20. Mac N Tosh macrumors regular

Couldn't resist...

Attached Files:

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

22. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

We did fire them for failing to do their job. The Bush administration had the McCain / Kennedy immigration reform bill, but guess what happened. The Republicans killed the bill that the Republican president wanted and was sponsored by McCain.

So, if it was about votes, why did Reagan offer amnesty, why did Bush and McCain craft their bill, and why are the Republicans in Arizona pushing the feds to do immigration reform? :confused:

Maybe you should get out your pen and paper and write a letter to your Republican elected representatives and tell them to pass the immigration reform that Bush and McCain wanted.

Yeah, and what part of is is wrong to allow police to demand papers of people based on their race.

So why are crime statistics going down in AZ?
    Lunatic fringe? Are those the people who insist on laws being constitutional? Lunatics! Oh wait, do you consider the lunatic fringe as being people who happen to have darker skin than say, those non-lunatics?

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yep- now those of us who insist that laws be constitutional are the lunatics. :rolleyes: Wow. That takes balls.

24. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It bears investigating WHY Herr Karl and Shrub wanted comprehensive immigration reform. I mean, it's the evil Democrats who are pursuing votes, the pure-as-driven-snow would never do something like that.

Except that's exactly why Rove and Bush and McCain wanted immigration reform to happen under GOP leadership. For votes, pure and simple.

Of course, the principled McCain now disavows his own immigration bill now that the political winds have shifted. Thank the gods he did not become president.

25. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

LOL At least Obama hasn't let the political winds shift his direction. /s