Well Im giving up the PC side of Life...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigChuck, Jun 25, 2008.

1. BigChuck macrumors newbie

I'm sure you guys get these kinds of posts everyday but i feel that every person moving to the Mac side of life has His/Her right to let their migration be heard by their new community. :)

So tomorrow Thursday, June 26 at approximately 12:15pm CST(I get off work at noon and will be driving down to my local Apple Store) ;) i will be the proud owner of my first Macbook Pro, and be giving up my PC/Windows OS to venture out my own Leopard Safari.

The Macbook Pro i'm getting is the base model 2.4 Penryn. I just had a few questions for you well experienced Mac Users

1. Does anyone have any experience with ApplePeelz and would you recommend them? or would i be better off getting this incase hard shell cover talked about here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=499600

2. what cool little widgets/tool bar icons things (im tottally new to mac so pardon my stupidity) do you recommend, i'm just looking for ones that will show the nerdy things i wanna see such as temps, cpu usage, Fan rpm, ect...

Thats about all so thanks in advance and the next time i log into the forums it will be on my fancy NEW Macbook Pro xD

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I do not recommend any widgets. I personally have no use for them.
    The speck case is nice and all but it really adds a lot of girth to the device. I would simply go for a skin if you really want to or nothing at all. I've kept my virtually scratch free for 3+ years and I transported it to and from college. It worked out well.

Welcome, congrats, etc.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

iStat Nano or iStat pro sounds good for you.

Me? I use iStat Nano and a whole bunch of stickies!

4. canucks-17 macrumors regular

canucks-17

+2

But as fat as iStat, it's Pro for me. I like to know some of the not-as-necessary things on a regular basis.

5. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

i think you definitly need istat as others have suggested. but it sounds like you need istat menu, not istat pro.

same author, one runs in dashboard, one in menu bar.

i use the menu bar one, its awesome! :)

6. bbbensen macrumors 6502

I never use dashboard.....

I tried to get into it, but it doesnt help me after I got over the initial appeal.

If you use Dashboard, get iStat Nano. If you dont, get the iStat pro.

7. buyusfear macrumors 6502

Good luck today. I too just bought the same computer a couple of months ago, after converting to Mac in January with a 24'' iMac. I just had to have the same features on the road.

The first thing I bought was the Marware keyboad cover and the sticker pleather wrist gaurd. Then a speck hardcase, however I'd go for the incase one now.

in regards to cool programs for it, the best one so far (and as said earlier, I'm not a fan of running extra junk on it) Download "Lab tick" you can control the illumination of your keyboard manually, and I find that usefull, especially when "showing it off"

8. kabunaru Guest

9. DaveTheGrey macrumors 6502a

DaveTheGrey

Congrats!
    Widget: Delivery Status <- 5 Stars Widget :D

10. BigChuck thread starter macrumors newbie

well i'm back and as i said im on my new mbp and all i can say is I LOVE IT thanks for all of your input and im already liking the mac rumors community :)