Well the wife finally destroyed her iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aliensporebomb, May 5, 2012.

1. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

[​IMG]

Well it was bound to happen.

I've seen her flip her iphone clear out of her hands, fly across the room and land face first on the hardwood floor and everything was perfect. I've seen it fall face first off the bedside table and by rights it should have shattered. I've seen it fall out of her hands in the mall and land on a linoleum floor. This slippery behavior should have destroyed the iphone but it never did. But I knew that kind of treatment would eventually end in the photo above. That happened last night.

She is now the proud owner of a 32gig white iPhone 4S and she's lording over the fact that she has Siri, the better camera and movie mode among other things but honestly I'm not upgrading until the next phone comes out.

She says it's faster than her old iPhone 4 32 gig, it very likely is.

Anyone else know anyone who is super drop-prone with their iphone?

2. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

My cousin recently broke the front screen of her temporary iPhone for in visit...within 3 days

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

So she's careless with an iPhone 4, drops and breaks it, and you buy her a new 4S.

Makes sense.

:rolleyes:

4. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

My fiance is pretty bad with her iphone.

I hand down my iphones to her everytime the new ones come out and i get it. I keep them in immaculate condition so its like new.

The 4 i gave her was a launch day unit. Perfect slightly blue tinted screen. not a scratch on it.

4S came out, i handed it down. I buy her Incase Slider cases for the iphones. She was golden up until about 2 months ago.

First, our idiot friend whom thinks he's Rico Suave, was motioning something to a woman while we were at a cafe. He spilled my finaces brand new latte, whipped cream and all. Every single hole the iphone has, was filled with coffee.
    I was slurping coffee off of the screen as i ran to the bathroom.

After a week of me cleaning it with alcohol, and letting it air out, it came back to life!

1 Week later, her sister spilled a giant cup of water on it. It was a-ok!

Then a month later, her Uncle (who MUST use his hands to talk at all times), knocks her arm into her pocket in such a way that made the phone literally JUMP out of her pocket. it fell about 3 feet onto a tiled floor, and the screen was shattered.

I don't understand how this happened. I'm still scratching my head as to why the slider case didn't prevent this from happening? It has a thick rim with the "lay on table" design.

I'm fairly sure the Universe decided it wanted the phone DEAD. So in a Final Destination type manner, it got what it wanted.....

Except that i slapped a screen protector on it, and she's still using it! HA-HA!

5. kiyonepbs macrumors newbie

kiyonepbs

Nice snap case. I hope her new 4S has a more protective case ;)

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Get her an otterbox if she has butter fingers.

7. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Tell her to check her email and answer the phone more often! :rolleyes:

:p

8. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

I believe she has 32 app updates there. Go check em out. They could be important.

9. twigman08 macrumors 6502

From the looks of it she doesn't need a phone, she doesn't even use it with 47 missed calls. lol. Kidding. :p

10. saberz macrumors regular

My wife was very good with he phone except last night. Eating at a Pizza Hut and my 10 month old son took her phone out of her jacket pocket and drops it on the ground. This isn't the problem, the problem is when my wife takes her foot and starts sliding the naked phone accross dirty tile floor and you can hear it grinding. The back of the phone is scarred, scratched, etched, rough. Camera cover is toast!

11. aneftp macrumors 68040

I hear u man. My wife is horrible are taking care of her iPhone. She's been luckier your significant other. She's spilled smoothie over the phone. Dropped it repeated at a concert pm concrete multiple times while drunk. All only with a bumper.

We have a pool in Florida also. She's on the float chit chatting and texting while in the pool. It's only time the phone gets wet. Actually it got soaked on a bike ride in her small bag while riding. The phone keeps staying alive. She only uses the bumper.

But I am in the process of getting this case. It's called a lifeproof case. My friend got it last week. It is truly waterproof. It's light weight and not as bulky as ottobox. It's expensive. $80. They sell it at best buy also. I am going to try to pick on up on eBay. My friend got it around $60 on eBay. Expensive but worth it for my wife.

I use a cheap $5 case myself but I am much careful than my wife.

http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/cases/iphone-4-4s

12. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Man tell her to answer her phone update hew apps and check her emails. :eek:

13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I see many iPhone users with the screen cracked just like the one in the photo. And many go on using it like normal. Don't know how they do it. I get upset at smallest crack or dead pixel on any device.

14. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Cracked screens only bother people who aren't using the phone. My friend had an iPhone 3GS for like two years and it looked like it had been involved in a couple wars. There wasn't an area on the screen that the glass wasn't cracked and i'd always wonder how he used it, until I dropped my phone and had to wait to get it fixed. After a while you just get used to it.

15. J3ayy macrumors member

This is what my Fiancee's phone looks like :eek:

Attached Files:

16. conartist4u macrumors regular

conartist4u

A better case in a good idea. Like someone suggested otterbox rules!

and maybe a lanyard that could be used with it so even if it does drop it wont go no where :)

and the upgrade was a nice gesture for her. Tell her there is no new phone out yet so hold till the iP5 releases before she goes around dropping this one.

and insurance could`nt hurt either. :D

17. Bchagey macrumors 6502

What's the story with the phone breaking with that case on? How did she do it?

18. bwrairen macrumors 6502

How do you have 32 available updates....when the app store is IN THE DOCK?

19. saintforlife, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 6, 2012

saintforlife macrumors 6502a

If your wife is so klutzy another glass exterior based iPhone is a bad choice. You should have gone with a polycarbonate unibody phone like the HTC One X or Lumia 900. Anyway get her an Otterbox case for her 4S stat!

20. war eagle macrumors 6502a

It's called swaggggggggg!

I've seen someone with 90 something unread text messages in the dock. Funking trucking ridiculous.

21. aliensporebomb thread starter macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Heh!

That's our strange friend who insists we spend every waking moment with him on the phone. He's in another state but will call, call, call all the time. He does the same on my phone. We have jobs and other friends and family.....

The software update issue, yeah, that's a problem.

----------

Nope. She spent her own money on the replacement. She got her big raise this year from her work so that money went to her new one.

She smartly got a better case with the new one but I'm sure it will go flying thru the air at some point.

22. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

23. obafgkm macrumors member

She isn't drop-prone, she was doing it "accidentally on purpose". She just wanted the 4S.

24. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Not to hijack this thread, I have a friend who is blind and has the iphone 4S and yet his unread test messages were like 1500 text messages. Of course he does have voice over (accessibility) on so when he gets the text messages he just listens to it, maybe reply by using Siri.

25. HERO XXL macrumors regular

this.