Well, this is what you alllll have been waiting for (3.0 Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newyorksole, Mar 17, 2009.

1. newyorksole macrumors 68030

People have been dyingggg for Apple to release copy/paste, landscape keyboard for SMS and mail, MMS among other things.

Still seems like people are talking about what is still missing rather than what we now will get. I guess that's just how it is though.

I think it''s gonna be an amazing update.

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Don't listen to the complainers on this site. It was a great event today.

3. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I agree, I am very excited

4. randomusername macrumors 6502

Hey, you would think that there already have been a thousand threads about 3.0 software.

Common sense. It's not like we didn't know about it until you posted this thread. Look around for a SECOND next time.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

6. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

obviously i have seen the threads.. and i decided to make my own.. which is a different sub-topic of 3.0 software..

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Didn't take long for people whining for Flash, video capture, and video conferencing to begin. I think some don't understand the scope of what has to be done to get all of this crap to work and work right. I mean did someone think Apple left off copy and paste because Steve Jobs just felt like it?

8. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

No, no. You don't rest on your laurels. While the 3.0 is a great update and addresses most of the complaints, there are still some things that it didn't address.

MMS was the big thing here. That is something that even the most basic of phones have featured for some time.

I think many of the "left out" complaints will center around video recording and video mms.

9. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

people will always complain
    now they say why should they be excited for something they should have already had
    they don't realize how elegantly and simply everything is set up
    I'd like to see another phone company add all these features in what is seemingly a very simple, intuitive, easy to use way

MMS especially is implemented exactly as I'd hoped
    and copy/paste is genius as well

10. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

People bitch about things to bitch about. Comments about lag, comments about icons, comments about this and that.

It was a pretty big announcement even if people didn't get every single wish fulfilled.

11. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

A lot of good stuff, still wish they had a categories app and ability to put a pic in the background. I think these are the top 2 reasons people jailbreak. Three being the video recorder but I am not expecting that from apple yet...