Well, well, well... did you enjoy the ride?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Nov 9, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

Who called it? I sat back and watched the meltdown. The look on the faces of all those libs, it was priceless. I know most of you didn't really like Hillary, but the arrogance she had was just unreal. As if she was entitled to be pres, she didn't even get out and earn it. You had to be concerned about how arrogant she is. Regular people just don't like arrogance.

Have to say too many people were REALLY pissed about the direction of this nation.

The IRS going after people.
    The AG meeting with Bill Clinton.
    The AG telling Americans to not say anything offensive.
    The ACA costing more with no solution in sight.

The economy sucked, the price paid for the amount of debt was a joke. Too much regulation, too much government over reach, too much entitlement. This is what happens when people get power and push too far, we end up with a HUUUUGE push back.

Trump supporters were fire bombed, American flags were burned, Trump supporters were chased, women attacked and people were acting like this was ok.

I'll be honest about how I viewed this election, I fully expected a Clinton win. I thought it would be along the lines of what Obama did in the EC.

Anyone remember the song that would be played if Trump won? BTW, it's the same song that is used for the Berlin Wall, which came down this day in 1989.

Humans have such a hard time self reflecting, they get all wrapped up in their bubble where only those that agree with them are allowed.

Looks like Donald played the ULTIMATE Trump Card and KarlJay called it.

TrumpCard002.jpeg

Remember... Enjoy the Ride... You've earned it...

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Sounds like you two share something in common.

3. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Well, did you enjoy the ride?

Did you get blind sided? All your polls told you you would win, this would "money in the bank".

4. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

I had to resist the urge to make a Well, Well, Well, thread all day, now here one is.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I've complained about the ride for months.

It's extremely unlikely that my opinion would suddenly change, especially given that my candidate lost.

6. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I've been suspicious of polling data claims for a long time. It was the bits and snippets of news items from time to time: More attendance at Trump rallies than at Hillary's. Record Republican turnouts in the primaries. Trump set a record for the number of small donations to his campaign funds.

So, I figured there was hope. I had some fears about wetbacks voting, and various forms of voter fraud.

There are many of Trump's ideas I don't agree with. But I figure that if the Beltway insiders, the media and the intelligentsia are against someone in as virulent a manner as we saw, the guy must actually be okay.

Today? Schadenfreude all over me. :D "How sweet it is!"

And after all the yowling and howling about violent Trumpistas, what do we see? The snowflake crowd out whining and burning cars. But, it's likely more fun to scream and yell to prove mental incompetence than it is to be in one's classroom.

Damned right I'm a Deplorable, given the alternative.

7. shyam09, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016

shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

I have no respect for anyone who thinks, supports, or follows the burning of the American flag -- I don't give a **** which side you belong to or what you're protesting. That's a disgrace to being an American.

Yes, it's not unconstitutional or against the law, and yes, it has been done many times before -- but that's an insult to the founding fathers of our country. It's an insult to every person, every president, every soldier who has committed to making this country better.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under god, indivisible, by liberty and justice for all.

This is our ****ing flag. Show some respect at least for the past or GTFO. I'm saying this as a second generation immigrant.

8. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

I don't mind people burning the flag, as long as it's wrapped firmly around their head when they do it.

9. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

If you look back, I maintained radio silence for quite a while. I think it was mid-summer or so when I just stopped posting.

All the posters looked the same, I could have written bots for a bunch of the people here. There was little or no open minded growth or critical thinking.

So I waited till after the election and pointed.

There is something very, very human about this. You can look back to the Cave or the trial and death of Socrates and see one of the biggest problem humans have, accurate self reflection. Most of us will have no clue what just happened, yet it happened for all the world to see.

Hard to imagine a more public humiliation of more people in the entire history of humanity. This is a very historic "where were you" moment in the history of humanity and the vast majority of us will have no clue what just happened.

Ignorance is bliss.

--- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2016 ---
    Did you actually want an organized crime family to get into the White House? Would you have been proud of Hillary getting away with all those crimes?

10. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

I'm loving watching all these little SJW marxist "special snowflakes" and the Clinton corporate propaganda machine (CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, NYT, HuffPo, WashPo) lose their minds! Now they are protesting democracy in the streets, starting fires, calling this the new 9/11… the absolute breakdown from the most mentally and morally deficient people in our society is real. Especially enjoying the dumb little blue-haired, tattooed, nose-ring, bad haircut, no-experience college kids continue to lose it. Reality punched all of these "progressives" in the face and their temper tantrums are insane.

Thank you KarlJay, and a few others, who have consistently fought against the leftist propaganda spewers on these forums. I've always enjoyed your truthful posts and willingness to stand up to the bully leftists who pile on when they cannot accept truth. I would enjoy their butthurt, too, but I've already ignored everyone incapable of thinking for themselves or accepting reality.

11. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I noticed too that they always seem to work as a group. I noticed the "auto like" of each other's posts.

One of the reasons for my leaving for a few months was that these posts were so "bot like" it was as if I could write my own program and end up with exactly the same "conversation".

That and I had to break away for a dose of fresh air, the SJWs really are in great need of approval and can't stand anything that goes against their approved thoughts.

It's truly sad to see humans so lacking in critical thinking skills.
    I just thought of something that would be REALLY funny. Buy a bunch of "TRUMP" bumper stickers, go to all the local colleges and put them on some of the cars. ... Stand back and watch the people bash up the cars.

12. Meister Suspended

Meister

Since we are gloating:
    Meister called it way before anybody else did ;)

13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

When the blissful honeymoon is over, you guys will complaining about this administration non stop. Enjoy while it lasts.

14. 0007776 Suspended

Just remember, Trump may be able to build his wall, but eventually tyranny will fall and walls built to press people come down. He also lost the popular vote and doesn't have the mandate he will think he has.

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Talk about being wrapped in your own little bubble yours was so small ant could hardly fit. Nice gloating there bet it feels good right cause you know God and all.

16. Naaaaak, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016

Naaaaak macrumors 6502

I noticed the same thing in their "discussions" (which were less discussion and more "HRHRHR DRUMPF WILL LOSE"). They always quote the party line, never accept logical arguments, circlejerk one other endlessly, have to get the last word in. Idiocy is not worth the time.

CTR had a strong presence on a lot of sites this election. Now that they are out of money, I wonder if we'll notice a reduction in nonsensical crap being posted.
    Having a border, controlling who comes and goes, and having a process for admitting and legalizing citizens is the most basic identity of a nation. Why is it tyrannical to build an object to prevent people from so-easily circumventing our laws? Why is it tyrannical to enforce EXISTING immigration law (not even writing new law) and kick out those who are here illegally?

Mexico has borders and Mexico built walls on their southern part, too.
    Mexico doesn't let me wander in and vote in their elections.
    Mexico's culture doesn't adapt to me if I walk in illegally and ignore their language and traditions.
    Mexico not giving me handouts and citizenship if I show up and drop a kid doesn't make them racist, either.

If you are against the very concept of a nation – which includes it's own borders, culture, and identity – then we are too far apart to continue this discussion.

17. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

I used to own a beach towel many moons ago that was an American flag print. I used to dry myself on it and I suppose for the overly sensitive that is offensive.

18. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

I wouldn't worry too much. The gloating will be short lived. When Trump finally steps into the White House and starts messing everything up, the shoe will be in the other foot. It'll fun in here next year!!

19. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

1st, the Great wall of China is still there last time I checked. It's not a wall to "press people" (whatever that's supposed to mean) It's to keep people out.

It's the Left the had the HUUUUUGE advantage in the EC. The Left had a HUUUUGE disadvantage is that they are soooo arrogant that they just can't even imagine that they could ever be wrong about anything.

This is the problem with BRAINWASHED people, not everyone is brainwashed and the brainwashed lack logic and reasoning.

Lets look at the results here:
    1. Obama came in with a SUPER majority that was VETO PROOF
    2. Obama had FULL control over:
    a) House
    b) Senate
    c) White House

Obama Left with COMPLETE LOSS of
    a) House
    b) Senate (remember, the Senate was an EASY win for Dems)
    c) White House

Not to mention Govs, the GOP OWNS Govs across the nation.

I'd say ---------------- FULL MANDATE -------------

SJW's --- Pack your bags --- Full deportation begins Jan 2017 ----
    .... pack ... Your ... Bags ....

20. Desertrat macrumors newbie

@The-Real-Deal82: How could Trump mess things up worse than Obama has? His policies continued Bush's; nay, even amplified some of them. Unending war. Degradation of the buying power of the currency. Increasing police state laws, of which the NDAA is the worst. Obamacare is a debacle.

Sure, Trump's wall idea is silly and un-needed, but at least we'll see and end to apologizing for our past successes as a nation. No more bowing and scraping to nasty rulers (thinking of the Saudis, mostly).

21. KPOM macrumors G5

I always thought Trump winning was possible, but I was genuinely surprised by the electoral college margin. Wisconsin wasn't even on the swing state list (Hillary was up 6.5% in the RCP polling average and was a "lean Clinton" state). Michigan hasn't been called yet, but that was also supposedly a "firewall." If he wins there he'll have 306 electoral votes and wouldn't have even needed Florida.

I wonder if Democrats will try to resurrect the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, which would have been an agreement between states to award their electoral votes to the national popular vote winner.

22. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

It seemed a pretty obvious mistake to use the 2008/2012 maps and polling data to examine this election. Given the fact that Trump broke ALL the rules should have been the 1st clue.

The 2nd clue should have been that all the "regulars" were against Trump. Jeb!, W, and many other staples of the party were very much against Trump.

The other clue was that the regulars really showed why they weren't doing well. The regulars just did the same media appeasement. The regulars rolled out just like so many times before, nothing new, nothing bold. The Rinos had to break the control of the media in order to get thru. Nobody had the guts to bust up the media other than Trump.

The media fell back to it's "save zone" where they hide in front of the camera and launch their bombs of lies. It didn't work as the people have had enough.

The media was nowhere when Americans were losing their homes by the millions. The media was nowhere when Hillary was deleting emails in her "I'm above the law" attitude.

The media and Obama build Trump. Now, sit back and watch Trump smash the media and Obama's legacy.