Well

demonx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
I just did it, a loyal PC Users(12+ years), just made his first apple purchase.

iBook G3 800mhz
Airport Card
40gb drive
256 megs of ram(will upgrade asap but apple memory was way expensive)
Extra Battery
Norton Antiirus
and Off v.x

Coming soon(as money permits)
Airport Base Station
:D

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
congratulations...i did it exactly one year ago tomorrow. i really couldnt be happier a year later. i got an iBook 600, they had just been refreshed from 500MHz. congrats again.

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
Congrats! We welcome you to the light side with open arms :) And nice job with waiting until the new machines were realeased before jumping in.

demonx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by Beej
Congrats! We welcome you to the light side with open arms :) And nice job with waiting until the new machines were realeased before jumping in.
Thanks all,
That was the hardest part actually the waiting to see if all the rumors were true:p

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Nice to see a PC user observe mac-land before switching. That should prepare you some. I've convinced a few PC designer friends to switch and their macs just sat there because they couldn't igure out how to use them. Not sure if they sold them or not, but I'm hopeful you learn the mac and give it a chance. If so, you should be very happy.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
whoopdeefrickendoo i still don't see why everyone has to share their new computer stories about computers that are normal models from apple...now maybe if you decked out a powermac or found something rare...that would be interesting

demonx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
whoopdeefrickendoo i still don't see why everyone has to share their new computer stories about computers that are normal models from apple...now maybe if you decked out a powermac or found something rare...that would be interesting
Great attitude you have there:rolleyes:

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
...geez...even when ppl SWITCH from pc to a powermac..ppl stay that sort of stuff...
switching from pc to mac is kinda like an adventure :p....

demonx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Now im just waiting, I keep checking the Order Status Page every hour or so lol:p

The extra battery, office V.X, and Norton Antivirus have already shipped out on Friday(I placed the order on thursday). But the iBook has not, does anyone know if apple works(builds, ships etc) all through the weekend? Im hoping to have my new iBook by the weekend, but sooner would be better:D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Take a look at demonx's first statement.

>(demonx) I just did it, a loyal PC Users(12+ years), just made his first apple purchase.

Notice how he mentioned his first "apple purchase", not an iBook purchase. So you don't need to be specific in such a biased rant.

Most such "stories" begin with "Well, I got my first Apple Computer, and it works great. This new processor...I would never go back to a PC" and end up with the monkey sticking his nose back where he scratches himself to keep from stinking up other people's threads. :rolleyes:

demonx, AppleWorks should come with your iBook, either built in or on CD, so don't worry about purchasing it as a stand alone. If you want more memory, go here. Also, did you get the small, compact and ideal 12 inch, or did you go for the full 14 inch model?

demonx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
I got the 12 inch, in the weeks of rumors leading up to the new release I took some time and went out to CompUSA and played with them. I liked the 12inch model and the screen size was fine for me.

Thanks for the memory link I only got 256mbs, I do plan to upgrade to the full amount the iBook can hold asap though.:)

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Yes, if you want cheap ram (like King Cobra said) got to
www.18004memory.com - they have the best deals out of
anyone.

Congratulations! You should have done the 'double your RAM'
deal. It seems like a cheap way to get a lot of RAM.

demonx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by scem0

I did;)

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
wow...nice 'tude.

how lame can you be? This site isn't called "decked-out-PowerMac-Pro-line-models-or-something-rare-from-apple-rumors" :rolleyes:

Congrats on the purchase! ;)

demonx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
Originally posted by scem0
Yes, if you want cheap ram (like King Cobra said) got to
www.18004memory.com - they have the best deals out of
anyone.

Well my iBook shipped today, and I got two day freight so Thursday should be the day:D :D
I already got Office V.X and Norton on monday, my extra batter should be here tommrow. I can't wait until thursday when i can play with this thing, I might even take the day off:p

Im hoping to order some memory overnight on thursday also, how hard is it to install? or is best left to the "professionals"? Granted I can build any pc, but laptops are a whole nother ball game.