Wellllll... Now we know why Rep. Nunes didn't want to reveal his sources

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by JayMysterio, Mar 30, 2017.

1. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/3/30/15126072/devin-nunes-source-white-house

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-senate-russia-hearing-20170330-story.html

Really? :eek:

Nunez already ran to the White House to give them the heads up on news about the investigation. He then turns around and goes back to the White House for info claiming to be 'sources' the help vindicate the White House. Come on! How can this guy NOT step down?! You're investigating someone, keeping them update on the investigation about them, then getting counter claims from them? Nunes himself makes things look worse than they need to be.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

They really just keep making themselves look worse and worse. Can't they see that?

Just keep digging.

IMG_2204.JPG

4. StarShot macrumors 6502

StarShot

OK Dims, have your fun, but maybe you should take it to Huffington Post as this is a forum for Apple Products.

5. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

:confused:

6. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

Are you sure you're in the right place?

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/politics-religion-social-issues.47/

7. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

You must be new, this is PRSI.

8. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

oh wow. not only are you not clever, you are also, not clever.

9. macsmurf macrumors 65816

macsmurf

Hey, guys, at least appreciate that it was a fairly original deflection that also did not mention Hillary Clinton. There's something to be said for that :)

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

11. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

That's what everyone asked, but Nunes said this instead...
    https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livew...rump-surveillance-claims-to-rest-of-committee

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) is staying mum.

On Tuesday, he said he would “never” comply with requests to disclose the source of his allegations that communications involving the Trump transition team were “incidentally” collected by U.S. intelligence agencies.

“Will you share your sources?” an ABC reporter who confronted Nunes in a Capitol Hill hallway asked.

“We will never reveal sources,” he replied.

“Even to the other members of the committee?”

“Nope,” he said. “Never.”

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

They need a special prosecutor. I wouldn't trust anyone at this point in time. Not Trump or the intel community. Then I'd haul Evelyn Farkas in and find out WTF if anything she leaked. If need be, people who leaked anything need to have charges brought against them.

13. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

While I agree with a special prosecutor, we do need to keep the deflections to a minimum.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/03/30/evelyn-farkas-leak/

14. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I find the leaking just as serious as the allegations against Trump. One of the two we know occurred as fact. I know some want to focus on one half of it depending on what side one falls on the political spectrum. To me, they both need equal attention.

15. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

I'm not concerned with either side of the political spectrum. I just want these investigations done. Yet every time an investigation begins on this administration, someone jumps in with something else they want investigated. If we haven't dragged up the Clinton boogeyman, it's a sudden dislike of anonymous sources that this administration thrived on during the campaign, to the newfound desperation of dragging in the previous president. If you have to drag in a qualifier for one investigation with another, that sounds a lot like deflecting.

16. macsmurf macrumors 65816

macsmurf

How do you feel about the lying?

From: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/30/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

"Since disclosing the existence of the intelligence reports, Mr. Nunes has refused to identify his sources, saying he needed to protect them so others would feel safe going to the committee with sensitive information. In his public comments, he has described his sources as whistle-blowers trying to expose wrongdoing at great risk to themselves.

That does not appear to be the case. Several current American officials identified the White House officials as Ezra Cohen-Watnick, the senior director for intelligence at the National Security Council, and Michael Ellis, a lawyer who works on national security issues at the White House Counsel’s Office and was previously counsel to Mr. Nunes’s committee."

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Indications are the White House has it's fingers in the "independent investigation" and the GOP chairman of the Intelligence Committee is complicit in a misinformation campaign to distract from Trump's Russian relationship, in addition to using FBI intercepts to push this agenda. Then Flynn requests immunity for his testimony.

This might be premature, but I hope to utilize my so long, FUAHs salute ready for Donnie and his rat pack.

18. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

19. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

A person's vision is typically the first thing to go. You should read the title of the sub-forum, assuming this wasn't originally posted elsewhere.

20. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

No, it wasn't. I posted here, like my other posts. I haven't started threads in other forums before.

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I figured as much. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but it seems he's just trolling through an unfamiliar forum section.

22. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

This goes both ways, too many unstantiated claims on both sides, someone needs to stand up and say "proof or ****"

23. Scepticalscribe, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Apple products? Really?

On this section of the forum, at times, you could have fooled me.

Anyway, we may consider it - but - and a big, but - only as soon as The Usual Suspects cease with their insanely silly "Hillary (Criminal Bitch) For Prison" threads, or those "Second Amendment" fruitcake threads (the old - "it is not guns that kill people, when opening fire in a mall/church/school - delete whichever is inappropriate - nor is it alienated frustrated yet entitled and embittered white males, - but it is people who kill people...."), or the ones which have issues with women marching, or with women having a public profile, or the anti-Muslim threads, or God threads, or - well, the nasty subliminally racist threads - but, yes, I will concede that the numbers of these have receded somewhat since Mr Obama (and his impressive scandal free family) no longer reside in the White House.

24. JayMysterio thread starter macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

That's what makes this all so sad & hilarious at the same time. Nunes is the guy in charge of the investigation committee, how are you going to call for others to provide "proof or ****", when he can't & deliberately won't?!

This brings us back to the constant false equivalence where when a investigation is called on the administration, we need an investigation first into Clinton, Obama, a Clinton or Obama surrogate, or whatever. It's become the new way to deflect investigation by simply paralyzing any investigation, with a constant circle *#rk.

"No, do this investigation first, if we're going to investigate that, then we need to investigate this instead first", and etc. etc. etc.

http://ktla.com/2017/03/29/after-ho...elligence-committee-lays-out-plans-on-russia/

25. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Trumpeter logic.......
    Leakers leaking about Clinton = good
    Leakers leaking about Trump = bad

So-called president = hypocrite (i.e. Typical politician)

Drain the swamp my a**