Welp Yet another guy that went from a 6 plus to a 6. But I have a secret

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Korican100, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Korican100, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

Yes, another thread about the 6 switch. However, I have a deep dark secret.

When the plus first came out, I was all over it. Battery life, features, functionality, more ppi. And I trolled the dog crap out of these boards with threads like "The iphone 6 plus is way better, cmon guys" And numerous threads saying how the plus just beat the 6 in functionality etc etc.

Well, I guess karma repaid me, because I actually got my hands on my 6 plus, and was just heartbroken. It was just waaay to big. Also, im a guy who likes to keep his phone in his pocket for convenience sake. And I don't want to worry about if I am "sitting down" too hard or fast.

It was wasn't conducive to a carefree pocket toting experience.

So there you have it guys, your resident 6 plus troll has been forced to make the switch to the 6 -- and I couldn't be more happy.

Sorry all my 6'ers! I was wrong all along, we have the best phone now!

EDIT. just kidding. we all have the best phones. the 6 and the 6 plus are the best!

2. Vertigo50, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I won't rub it in, and I'm glad you're happy with your current choice.

My only hope is that those on both sides who were jumping all over each other and being jerks about which phone was "best for everyone" just MIGHT actually carry this over to the next time they're thinking about doing the same thing. And hopefully they might actually remember that everyone has their own needs and opinions, and that we can all make different choices and be happy. :cool:

And also, your last statement is still not correct. We don't have "the best phone now". We have the best phone FOR US.

3. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

4. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

I was quite intrigued when I read about deep dark secret :)

I am using 6 and love it. Love the 6+ just as much, but it is just a bit too large for my preference.

5. prominence macrumors regular

I'm glad this works for you.

After playing with my plus for over a week, then playing with the 6 in apple store for awhile, it became clear that I would be too upset over reduced screen footage & battery life. I absolutely love my 6 plus and would never go down to a 6.

That being said, the trade-off is harder (but not impossible) one-handed texting which will hopefully be fixed by a third-party keyboard.

Very productive on this phone and I feel like it's a truly mobile computing device and not just a "phone," which is what I've wanted all along.

And yes, I'll still be keeping my iPad mini Retina at home as well!

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Keepin' my Plus. Can't EVER see myself going smaller now that I'm used to this beauty.

:apple:

7. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

8. Korican100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Korican100

get out of my thread

9. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

It involves his mother and a praying mantis. Not for a G-rated board.

10. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I have the 6 plus and love the screen size, but it is really big. My husband has the 6 and the screen seems small to me now that I have the plus, but it is definitely easier to handle. I keep going back and forth on whether to keep the plus or not. I really wish Apple had released a screen size between the two.

11. Good User Name macrumors regular

He's always angry.

12. Adam-Jobs macrumors regular

The behaviour of SOME of the people on this forum since the 6 and 6+ release is laughable. Like a bunch of kids in a playground. "My dad's better than your dad. No my dad's better".

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Cool. I sometimes wish I could go to the iPhone 6 but I'm not going to because I've held them at the Apple store for a while and it's still too small and for me once I hold a big phone, I'm used to the screen size.

I still have my 4S and when I compare my 6 Plus with my 4S. It is considerably small and it hurts my eyes to even look at the 4S now. My wife is using my 4S.

14. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Or "mine is bigger than yours". :D

I mean, at least these guys with the 6 Plus finally have SOMETHING that is bigger than average, right? You have to give them that. ;)

15. Bane-Thunder macrumors 6502

I'm one that came from the iphone 6 plus to the iphone 6 and I'm perfectly happy now. The 6 is the perfect size. The 6 plus was just way to big for my portable needs especially when I'm in the gym. Cannot jog with the 6 plus in my pocket.

But anyway you guys gotta enjoy what you enjoy and don't bring someone else down for their choice. I'm happy for those happy with the 6 plus. I feel like I fed my curiosity with a far larger screen iphone and now I know for sure what's for me and it's the 4.7 iphone 6.

16. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

On another note, my 10 year old daughter and all her giggling friends at elementary school share your opinion. They LOVE the smaller 6. ;):p:p

:apple:

17. cababah macrumors 68000

Isn't a 6 also a bit much to exercise with? You should get an iPod nano for exercising.

18. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Which is something iPhone 6 Minus owners will never experience.

19. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Agreed. The plus is goofy large for everyday use. It's s novelty at best.

20. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Still loving my 6 Major. No way in hell anyone's convincing me to switch to the 6 Minor.

21. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

These forums. These forums used to be so great at some point.

22. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I remember. Kinda like the Internet before AOL opened up a gateway to it.

23. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

I have to agree. The iphone 6 plus is just as the Galaxy note 2,3, and 4. If I were an android user I wouldn't have the note and as an iPhone user I won't use the Plus.

The 4.7" is a great sized device. Now I say they could take some of the bezels away and give us a 5" screen and just stop at 5". The phone could be the same size. Just as the 6 plus could easily have a 6" screen.

At any rate they're both great devices. The plus is just too big...

24. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Even when you thought the 6+ was better for you, why was it necessary to troll the forums? I don't understand the mentality of internet trolls. Don't you have a life? Are you so insecure that you needed to troll to get reassurance that you made the right choice?

25. TwoBayDude macrumors newbie

I remember this as well. It's a shame really.