Went to BestBuy for BlueRay movie, came back home with iPad Pro and two Apple watches without BD.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by double329, Nov 25, 2015.

1. double329, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015

double329 macrumors 6502

Few days ago, the kids asked me if we could go get the Ant Man BD at Bestbuy. I said okayyyyy, we go get it, I want to watch it too. So, my kids and I went to Bestbuy and as it turned out. It is was not yet released yet, pre-order only!!!

So, I walked around to Apple area and play around with iPad Pro. As, I played around... I said: this is nice. I asked my daughter, wait: are you still looking to get new Samsung gear s2 watch? she said, not really I have iPhone now. Oh yeah, forgot about that. So, we turned around to the watches table and noticed they were on sale. I played around with it a little(for the millionth time). The Apple guy and manager happened to swing by: so, how are we doning? are you guy pickiing up watches today? I said: you know, I been thinking about the BF sale. then I said: do you have them? told them the colors we want. the manager walked back with the two watches... while he was showing me the watch boxes. I said, do you happen to have iPad Pro in stock? He said, I know I have 32gb, not sure if 128gb was available, but let me check, he siad. He walked back with the exact one I keep my eyes on. Next thing I know, I came back home with iPad Pro and two Apple watches. Guess what? I didn't get BlueRay movie. Christmas came a little early this year!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448465046.085820.jpg

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I had pancakes for breakfast today. With extra bacon.

3. rwp macrumors member

Congratulations on your iPad Pro! The ultimate impulse buy. :)

(oh, and bacon is pretty awesome!)

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

It begs the question, "why the Pro today, it has been available for a couple of weeks at the same price"?

Nice going on the watches, I'm sure more folks will jump on the sale.

5. double329 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was sitting on fence for while and keep checking if they have one in stock! Most of the time, they didn't have the right color I was looking for. It was just in buying mood and decided to go for it.

6. rdavis41 macrumors member

rdavis41

But did you find an Apple Pencil . Congrats. Both are Great buys!

7. IllusionEntity macrumors 6502

IllusionEntity

Watch is old news and iPad Pro is just a big iPad. Nothing to see here!

8. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

Does Apple Watch have cellular capability now untethered from phone for things like fitness so you don't have to carry both?

9. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

You did well to come away without Ant Man. Enjoy your new tech, I totally approve of people buying the toys they want.

10. Capt T macrumors 6502a

11. Mystro, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015

Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

then why are you hanging around the iPad forum??? Nothing to see here.

12. pirateRACE macrumors 6502

Not sure what people expected to read based on the title... Congrats! We had a similar scenario that caused us to get one. It's a great impulse purchase!

13. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

The real question is...

did you get Ant Man yet?

14. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Congratulations on great purchases. Enjoy your new Christmas presents early. I've had the watch since launch and love it. I haven't been able to talk myself into an iPad Pro. I love that big screen, but when I pick it up it seems hard to manage for me. I'm sticking with my Air 2 for now.

15. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Was like that for me at first. First time I tried the iPad pro in store I was like....why would anyone buy this thing?! It's huge! I can't imagine doing everyday stuff with that big ol thang

Then I had time to let it sink in and came to really like the idea of a giant iPad...so I bought one. Took me 15 minutes to get used to it and now it just seems...normal to me. And my iPad Air 2 seems comically small now. Like I squint when I look at it like I can't read a damn thing on it

16. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Haven't ruled it out yet, but have been to the local Apple store (10 min away) to look at it multiple times and have walked away without buying it. The screen is gorgeous but I'm not sure how much use it would get with a 15in rMBP and Air 2 in the house.

17. bushido Suspended

bushido

18. Mike B in ok macrumors member

Mike B in ok

I didn't even have the excuse of a movie when I bought my IPP. I wandered by the Apple area of BB, liked the size of the IPP, even though I had consciously decided I was NOT going to get one, heard about the deal for $100 off the IPP with most any old working iPad, and found myself driving home to get my "ancient" iPad 2, and handing it in for the IPP!

19. double329 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, No Ant Man BD yet... Dec 8th...

20. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

21. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

This is a iPad forum. Either there is a lot of jealous petty people on this form that can't be happy for the OP or the forum still has a infestation of trolls.

22. cynics macrumors G3

Definitely have had my eye on an specific Apple Watch..

image.jpeg

But unlike you I just can't swallow the 1k price tag. Plus my job isn't quite white collar so I need to keep reminding myself I wouldn't be wearing it very often...

23. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

24. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

That's how I wound up with an iPad Mini and MacBook Air last year. And why I'm avoiding Apple stores and Best Buy till later this month. I'm itching to try the iPad Pro even though I keep telling myself not to even think about it. I barely use my iPad mini. It's frustratingly small and my eyesight isn't getting any better -- the main selling point on the need for an iPad Pro.

Still on the fence about the Apple watch. Either waiting for version 2 or picking up a deeply discounted 1st gen some time in 2016. Helps that I still don't have an iPhone. We're planning to go in as a family during our holiday break and using a school discount for two or four lines. Wouldn't be surprised that we wind up walking out with at least one iPad Pro.

25. double329 thread starter macrumors 6502

Holiday discount made it little easy to pull the trigger in my case.