Went to remove ill-fitting case and broke it - deal with it or try to get money back?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wellok, Oct 27, 2011.

1. wellok macrumors 6502

I bought an Incase snap at the Apple store this evening and swore to myself that this was it, I'm not trying any more cases and will go naked if this one doesn't work out. So I got home, put it on, and it doesn't snap on firmly... but it still managed to get stuck. I finally got it off, but it cracked below the camera hole. Do I consider it a $37 loss (ughhhhhh) or is this the kind of thing I can get my money back for/get store credit for? I know I broke it but that was because it didn't fit properly.

If the answer is deal with it, that's cool too. I just feel obligated to ask. I don't want to exchange it for another case because like I said... I'm done trying cases.

2. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

3. navindralr macrumors member

I have two Incase Snap On cases. I don't see how it could have been so hard to remove? The only way it would have broke is if you applied way too much pressure, which would mean it was your fault.

You could still try and return it or at least get store credit, but just hope you don't get an anal employee...

4. wellok thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe I'm just a re-re, but it wasn't coming off. I applied as little pressure as possible, more for the sake of my phone than the case, but yeah.

5. navindralr macrumors member

apple is usually pretty good with taking care of customers... try to find a younger college student to help you out lol