iPad Pro Went to Retail store, Told to order online to buy in store, No 22% cash back

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
The Apple retail store has iPad Pro in stock, but we were told to order online to pick up today. You can't use Discover 22% cash back online.

pdoherty

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
The Apple retail store has iPad Pro in stock, but we were told to order online to pick up today. You can't use Discover 22% cash back online.
I got the same line from my Apple store when I called them this morning. I said the Apple site says you have some in stock and they said we can't verify that over the phone. I was like huh? And he said order it from the Apple site for in-store pickup and then come in to get it.

I want to go SEE and HOLD one before I buy it.

Reactions: iphone5att64

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
I got the same line from my Apple store when I called them this morning. I said the Apple site says you have some in stock and they said we can't verify that over the phone. I was like huh? And he said order it from the Apple site for in-store pickup and then come in to get it.

I want to go SEE and HOLD one before I buy it.
You can see and hold it until next year with the holiday return policy they refund in full.

I just want to pay with in store Apple Pay to get my cash back rewards.

Reactions: npolly0212

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I ordered for in-store pickup. They brought the iPad from the back for me. I then cancelled the order online from my phone, and paid with Apple Pay. No issues at all. Holiday returns are in effect, so it's return from today till January 8, it says on my receipt.

EdisEdward

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2013
You can see and hold it until next year with the holiday return policy they refund in full.

I just want to pay with in store Apple Pay to get my cash back rewards.
so why dont u do that?

everyone already knew the 22% works in store only. i paid for mine online last night using amex, will go to pick it up today and change my paymetn method to discover/apple pay

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
I ordered for in-store pickup. They brought the iPad from the back for me. I then cancelled the order online from my phone, and paid with Apple Pay. No issues at all. Holiday returns are in effect, so it's return from today till January 8, it says on my receipt.
I guess they waited for you to cancel the order. Did your card get charged and have a hold on it?

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
so why dont u do that?

everyone already knew the 22% works in store only. i paid for mine online last night using amex, will go to pick it up today and change my paymetn method to discover/apple pay
How do you change your payment method? I had to give another card online to pick it up today. I wasn't sure if I could change the method in the store.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
OP....do the in store pick-up, and tell the employee that you want to change your payment method. They will process the refund right there, then you can use Discover/Apple Pay. I did it this morning without issue.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
OP....do the in store pick-up, and tell the employee that you want to change your payment method. They will process the refund right there, then you can use Discover/Apple Pay. I did it this morning without issue.
No need to "pick-up" the order. I cancelled mine in the store after they pulled the items from inventory.

iphone5att64

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
At first the guy at the store said, I couldn't change payment methods and I couldn't cancel the order and buy it because it would go to through another process. Because of this thread, I asked if he was sure and he went back to check. They had to process online order making me pickup the order and refund it before selling it to me again.

harpyeagle

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
I did the exact same thing. No issues - Returned my IPP already though :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.