Went to the Apple Stroe today. Asked about iPhone. Genius suggested the 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CJayC, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJayC macrumors 6502

What a douchebag, not even telling me it was a much better idea to wait for the iPhone 4.

2. bat95132 macrumors member

Genius? Did you have an issue with your old phone.. The genius are the ones for tech support....

3. Built macrumors 68020

I guess they're trying to clear out old stock...and, for the majority of people, the 3GS would be just fine...and a lot less expensive, plus you wouldn't have to wait and go all through the drama all of us are anticipating on this forum!

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

Apple isn't about trying to sell you the most expensive device in store, they find a solution that fits you.

If you said you want video calling or something like that, then it would have been mentioned.

That said, he could have hinted that a new iPhone was due in two weeks.

5. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

Stop trying to sound smart and technical, it's not working. I know what the hell the geniuses are for but can you really not get it through to your head that he recommended me a 3GS? Did you really think he was restricted to only tech support like some kind of mind-slave?

6. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

as said, i've had a previous experience like this, apple won't sell you something you will not need.

But; I do need iPhone, as iPhone is my religon.

7. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Woah dude, calm down. I know that feeling of animosity toward half of the forum members on here that don't have the slightest bit of couth ... but geez dude.

FTR: I just learned that "Couth" isn't in the Apple Dictionary :D

8. Kyliec89 macrumors member

They want to make as much off of 3gs stock as they can now, because they know they will be selling iPhone 4 no issue. They probably get told to do that, but its still stupid.

I used to really like Apple store employees, but the last time I went there the guy was a total jerk. I was just playing with a 3gs, and he was trying to hard sell me basically, when I said I was just looking. Then I said I am going to wait for the new iphone, (this was like 3 days before the keynote). And he proceeds to tell me that the new iPhone is nothign but a rumor and not to count on it and goes on and on about how I shouldn't believe the internet, etc. I didn't even want his help or his lies. Then this random guy comes up to me after and is like, "definitely don't listen to him. wait till june 7th. he is full of sh**". Not that i needed any convincing, but it was sort of funny.

9. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

This is more than likely exactly what happened. Not to mention clearing out current stock and judging from your maturity of your first post and second...

I'm willing to bet he met the same level of maturity in the store probably refused to even offer the advice to wait for the iPhone 4.

10. Darkfox3889 macrumors member

11. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

AWWW MANNNN!!!! *embarrassed*

But that's not either :D

12. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

Been using the Internet for a long time now and there's always that one lonely guy who brings up the maturity card in order to boost his own self-confidence and reassure himself.

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yup, it's me. :D

14. Built macrumors 68020

Yes, I agree, Kylie. Apple Store employees can be hit-and-miss.

I had to file a complaint with corporate last year against this douchebag "Genius" at the Apple Store in The Grove in Los Angeles. After I made an appointment to find out what was wrong with my 3G, this jerk took my appointment while still helping somebody else. He treated me like I was a bother...I filed a formal complaint against him...also spoke with the manager afterwards, and won't hesitate to do so again if I get jerked around the way I was that day.

To Apple's credit, they replaced my 3G no questions asked.

15. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Lmfaoo.

Why are you so mad at everyone here? If you want the new phone get it. . . why do you need reassurance from an Apple employee?

Your thread has no relevance and it's pointless. Move on and get the damn phone if you want it. Geez

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

At least he didn't do like that one AT&T store manager and just tell you that he knows for a fact that Apple won't be releasing a new iPhone. :D

17. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I've closed this thread because I don't really see it going anywhere useful from here on in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.