were AT&T employees working today allowed to purchase phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrAkD, Jun 24, 2010.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

After I went to the Apple store to add a line to get my girlfriend an iPhone 4 I stopped by the AT&T store in the same mall to have them arrange my family plan as apple was kind of limited as to what they could do. not a single customer in there but about 10 employees all standing around hanging out ALL playing with their iPhone 4's. Only reason I ask as I know stock was extremely limited at AT&T stores and I know Best Buy werent allowing their employees to purchase phones day 1. I know even the Apple employee that activated our phone said he wasn't allowed to purchase one today.

Not that I really care. But I bet some people that got screwed by AT&T today and couldnt get their phone do.

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

or they could of pre-ordered and got it the day before like alot of us did?

3. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

yes very true. I forgot about that haha.

4. TexasBlake macrumors member

TexasBlake

After all the crap they have had to put up with, they deserve them.

x2. I got mine a day before because I was smart enough to choose "Delivery" instead of "Stand in line for half of eternity"

5. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

I'm an at&t employee. They sent out an email asking employees to not buy them yet as they wanted to allow "our customers" to buy them first. They also said that employee discount plans weren't eligible.

I said screw that. I pay my own bill every month, I'm a paying customer. I got mine, no fuss. Now, this was at an apple store.

6. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

yeah I dont see a problem with that at all. I just felt like there were no customers in that store because there were no iPhones. Since all the employees had iPhones it made me think their were no iPhones cause they bought them all haha. but as previously stated they could have gotten them at apple or preordered online.

7. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I agree. I can understand them telling you not to buy from their stock that day cause they want to reserve them for customers but I think it's ridiculous they tell you you can't find one from somewhere else that day. Besides, wouldn't they want you to have one so you can experience it and be able to give customers more informed opinions on it?

8. Maximus831 macrumors member

The ATT store near me actually made people purchase the Apple Care warranty and a case for the 10 people who bought Iphones. Absolutely ridiculous! They would not let people just buy the phone by itself. I went over to the Apple store and waited 4 hrs to get mine.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thats freaking greedy right there.
    They know people will do anything to get the phone on day 1 and try to take advantage of them. What if I dont want/need Applecare or a case?
    That should be illegal having to buy more stuff in order to actually purchase your phone.

10. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Agreed. It's one thing for AT&T to tell its employees not to buy iPhones internally, but you should be free to look for your options outside your work.

11. Maximus831 macrumors member

It gets better.:) When I was at the Apple store, the ATT district manager was there helping customers switch over phone numbers to other lines. I told him what was happening at the store and he promised me they would be dealt with. We shall see if he is telling the truth.

12. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Apple supplies the phones to AT&T. It's a well known fact that Apple wants to control everything & keep the spotlight on themselves. Therefore it's Apple that limited AT&Ts ability to sell as many phones as possible. So it was Apple screwing people, not AT&T.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I would take the managers and employees names down that were forcing this and contact corporate support right there infront of them and report them.
    See then if they let you buy just the phone and probably give you the case for free:D