Were the 'Leaked' iPhone 4 pics real?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trlyka, Aug 26, 2012.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I am trying to remember if the leaked photos for the iPhone 4 were indeed real. I am only asking because I don't like the way the iPhone 5 'Leaked' photos look. I would be disappointed if it really is just an elongated version of the 4.

2. pk7 macrumors 6502

It was an actual prototype that was lost and passed through various owners. It was also very much seeked out, even aggressively, by Apple.

Thus, the iPhone 4 leaks were real. I have no opinion on the new iPhone leaks and will simply wait another month to find out.

3. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Ok, I see. I just wonder about it because all the photos are likely fake. Even the ones with the different looking speaker holes and smaller charging port. There is no 'lost' prototype so far. Just bits and pieces of the innards along with the fake covers on the back of the iPhone 4 just to make it look different, as well as the photoshopped 'longer' looking iPhone that resembles a stretched iPhone 4.

I'm just trying to find out what the iPhone 5, or whatever they call it, looks like before it is released ;)

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Before the lost prototype, there were part leaks for the iPhone 4 on Engadget and MacRumors. They were real ( http://twitpic.com/14ge1m from Feb 2010). Then, in April 2010, the lost prototype was posted by Gizmodo.

To save you some heartbreak, the current leaked next-generation iPhone parts are real. If people were making fake leaks, they would obviously make it look more drastic than an elongated iPhone 4 with a two-tone back.

5. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

You could be right. It's unfortunate though. I really had higher hopes for the new iPhone. I read all the reasons the phone would be the way we have all seen, but I just thought there would be more too it other then an extra row of apps and the ability to hold the phone in one hand. That just isn't enough for me to justify the new unimpressive design. Call me negative nelly, but after the 4S disappointment, I was hoping for something a little more innovative.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

7. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I would be happy if the new iPhone looked like a shrunken iPad. It would be a better design then what we've seen so far :rolleyes:

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

You're not the only one. I'd be thrilled.

The way it looks I won't be buying a re-hashed version of my 4S.

A huge disappointment. I've enjoyed buying every new iPhone thus far. Yet I must say the only reason I bought the 4S is because my 4 had the Antennagate defect. Replaced twice, none could be counted on as a phone.

This 4S is a great phone. Makes clear calls just as one would expect.

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

That's the design I was hoping for to succeed the iPhone 4. But when I saw the 4S, I was disappointed.

10. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Exactly, Agent. And like I've expressed before, I like the look/feel of the 3GS better then the 4. The 3GS resembles more of a iPad type shape. I remember when I first got the 4 and it was so dang hard to hold onto. I was afraid to pick it up until I got a case. The semi rounded, more comfortable shape of the 3GS wasn't nearly so hard to hold.

----------

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. This is why I am perplexed by who ever thought of this design :confused:

I understand Apple not wanting to cater to the masses, but there needs to be something to make us want it bad enough. Besides the hype which drives a lot of us mad with curiosity, I need a real product that I adore. Don't get me wrong, I will probably always be an iPhone user, and now that I have a Macbook, a Mac user too, but I was really hoping for something different. Doesn't look like it will be THAT different.

11. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

Who cares. U all know we will be standing in line for it in a month anyways. Lol.

12. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Shut up, Dizzy :rolleyes:

Leave the truth out of this. I can rant a little before I lay down the big bucks :p

13. lincolntran macrumors 6502a

lincolntran

Me too

Just want to join the disappointed band wagon. I'm not happy with the elongate 4 so far. If things are the same when it's released, I'll stick to the 4S and then jail break it so that I can have cooler features. At least I can save a little bit of money with the 4S and still happy with performance. :mad:

14. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I can assure you I will not be getting the next iPhone. I know I said that about the iPad 3 before I bought it, but this time I'm serious!

15. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

And it's these type of responses that make me wonder why, if the leaked photos are real, did they only come up with a taller 4/4S. No creativity IMO. So what if it has an extra row of apps..... What else ya got, Apple?

16. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Likely some major changes in the internals, LTE will be one big thing.

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The leaks are leaks (the real deal); not artists renderings or rumor site speculation. The sooner we all come to grips with this the better.

18. Furifo macrumors 6502

I hope the new iPhone looks like the leaked pictures as I really like the design.

Please know that I am not trolling your thread. Everyone has different tastes and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Even though your opinion differs from mine, I still respect it.

The last iPhone I had was an iPhone 4 last December which I sold for a Galaxy Nexus. I've sold the Nexus since then and I'm waiting patiently for the new iPhone.

I love the look of the iPhone 4(S). I think that it is easily the best looking phone on the market. I'm looking forward to a possible elongated version of that design because I haven't really spent 2+ years with that kind of design. I think people who have had 4/4S since 2010/2011 do not like the new design because it is not radically different enough from their current phone.

Finally, don't be too disappointed at this speculated design. If it IS the new design (and I'm thinking that it IS) then there are other phones out there. If you're locked into an Apple ecosystem, maybe the new iPhone won't impress you in its' design but instead entice you to buy it based on the features it may have. The design only takes a device so far. IMO, the features are what really sells it although I do realise that people want a phone as expensive as the iPhone to look damn good.

Apple cannot please everyone. Some will be ecstatic over the new design, others will be sorely disappointed. If you don't like the new design but still want to stick to the iPhone, I hope Apple ease your disappointment by implementing some killer features for you ;)

19. ledlauzis macrumors member

ledlauzis

Yes, Apple's engineer lost iPhone 4S prototype and it was completely legit but it happened few weeks before it was released to public. Right now we don't have a clear evidence and most leaked images looks fake and are made just to get publicity.

20. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

LTE is certainly a welcome addition, but I guess I was focusing on looks vs. function. The service where I live/work is horrible!

I had called AT&T recently because something weird was happening with my texts not going through or coming in. While I had the rep on the line, I asked about better service in my area because it's really bad where I live and surrounding me. She said 2 new towers are going up in December 2012 and April 2013. She gave me the locations which are right down the road from me and literally only few miles apart, but will help a much needed service boost in my area. Just to finish my story.....I had called AT&T on another issue last year and I asked about the service issues back then as well. The guy said they were 'working' on nearby towers and one was going to be online in a few days. He was full of **** :mad:

Nothing was ever fixed or added. I would rather be told the truth and wait a little while, then be lied to and think things would get better that week.

21. newyorksole macrumors 68030

How can you a hate something that hasn't even been announced??? I guarantee all of you that are "disappointed" will be floored when you watch the announcement and see the phone on Apple's website.

Alsooo. Ummm HELLO these leaked parts are real! 9 days before the event invites go out and people still think allllllll the factory parts that leaked out are fake. Please.

22. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I don't doubt I will be impressed with the new features. Most people feel pretty strongly about the leaked photos being real, so that's what we will go with until it's final.