Werid but i think i disabled my usb connectivity to upload songs with??!!??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Alag28, May 4, 2007.

1. Alag28 macrumors 6502

so that cable that comes with the ipod to upload songs with, well apparently i think i disabled it when i clicked on that little icon on the right hand corner of the desktop to "Safely remove hardware"...i clicked on that...and u know how several ports/connections are available to safely disconnect...well i think i disconnected the actual usb cable cord connectivity if that makes any sense...uhh...so now the cable only charges but dosent recognize the ipod when its connected...what do i do?!?!?

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

3. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Sorry to hear that, mate. :D

Well, I doubt that it's possible to "disconnect the usb cable cord connectivity". But you never know.

Are there any windows users around who might be able to help out?

5. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

and this also happens when i plug it in my macbook...it dosent pick up the ipod..

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Should have said so sooner! That changes the situation... sounds like a problem with your iPod or maybe just the connector.

7. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Maybe resetting the iPod helps:

1. Make sure your iPod is fully charged.
    2. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
    3. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

Good luck.

8. Alag28 thread starter macrumors 6502

hehe cool, i did alittle research on my own and i found that same guide on the apple site..and it works!...this def should be a little sticky somewhere...cuz its pretty common with this stupid cable