Carrier West Coast Verizon Promo - 12gb Free on MOST ED plans for 2 years

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MsRandall, Nov 12, 2015.

1. MsRandall, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015

MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

Yesterday a good friend of mine was ready to port to Sprint against my advice to save money. Like many iPhone 6 Plus customers or even smartphones in general she was running out of data on her 18gb plan- a regular rep offered her 12 extra gb of data for free for 2 years no contract. This only catch its for the 18gb plan only. I attempted it on my double data 30gb and they said nooo.

Don't wait on this deal Verizon rarely gives away something so they might stop this code quickly

I see it is now listed on slickdeals so get on it quickly people.YMMV- Good luck and may the force be with you

*****This 12gb for free promo for 2 years is on any Everything Data plan that is $100 or more not just the 18gb plan. The only plan that I was told is excluded was the double data plan 30gb for the 15gb pricing which I have.*****

2. eedoxies macrumors newbie

newbie here - is this deal for real? Do you have a code? I don't see anything on Slickdeals showing this. Thank you.

3. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Since she was going to leave, this sounds like a deal that may have been offered through Verizon's retention dept. and not one of their regular offerings.

4. eedoxies macrumors newbie

Current Verizon customer, but I am looking at all carriers to be certain I am getting the best deal. I was not aware Verizon had a retention department. Thank you.

5. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

All of the wireless carriers have a retentions dept. They don't advertise it, though.

6. MsRandall thread starter macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

30 gigs for $100 isn't a bad deal, when considering the current data cost climate. Per device charges are an additional $15, right?

8. MsRandall thread starter macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

$20

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Dang. Well, that options is out for me then haha

10. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Dang too bad they don't have that for the 12gb plans

11. eedoxies macrumors newbie

Wish it was offered across country, not just on the west coast.

12. Beeray macrumors regular

Me too. We New Yorkers don't seem to get any great promotions. I wrote to Verizon and explained my disdain for their lack of giving all subscribers options. If I hear anything good, I'll share.

13. MsRandall thread starter macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

I found out more information regarding this promo

*****This 12gb for free promo for 2 years is on any Everything Data plan that is $100 or more not just the 18gb plan. The only plan that I was told is excluded was the double data plan 30gb for the 15gb pricing which I have.*****

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Meaning that it can potentially be used with a slightly older More Everything plan that is 15 GB for $100? If it's for 2 years, does that mean that there's a contract involved for some line (in which case that line wouldn't enjoy the month-to-month or Edge discount as it would be on contract)?

15. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

I mean its a good deal but I really can't even use 12GB and 6GB is a little too close for 4. Wish they had like a 10GB tier.

Edit. So its for $100 and higher tiers? My contact support just the hell of it tomorrow.

16. MsRandall thread starter macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

The promo last 2 years- no contract