Westboro Baptist Church to picket upcoming Lady GaGa Concert.

Prof.

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago
Lady GayGay

Fred Phelps from the infamous Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) and the founder of ‘God Hates Fags’ has decided to picket an upcoming concert of Lady Gaga’s at the Fox Theatre in Missouri on January 7th. The Westboro Baptist Church has long alleged, through self-proclaimed “religious opinion and bible commentary,” that those who support gay rights were destined for Hell. The church has picketed the funerals of American soldiers killed in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as well as various other tragedies, claiming negative outcomes are a result of “God hating America.”
Story continued HERE.

Prof.

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago
Why can't we just drop a bunker buster on their church while it's in session?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
meh. What's there to discuss? It's not like this is new behavior for them.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Oh, wonder is she'll respond...she's rather over the top herself(but in a good way) Westboro Baptist are over the top too.....but in the sense they make the antigay movement lose legitimacy, which is wonderful news!*

*The lose of legitimacy to a mainstream audience likely comes with increased danger/hate from fringe supports of his cause, so its not a universally good thing

colourfastt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2009
I wonder if we'll see them here for her concert in Orlando. I'm SURE they won't like the P House. :D

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Is Lady GaGa good enough that she's worth seeing live? Even for those of us who don't like manufactured pop?

Rampant.A.I.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2009
Is Lady GaGa good enough that she's worth seeing live? Even for those of us who don't like manufactured pop?
She's actually very talented. Manufactured pop is her schtick. I don't know that I'd go out of my way to see her live, but I bet it would be good.

Also, loving the "God hates Fred" sign idea :D

Forsaken

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2009
I've became so used to their BS it isn't even funny anymore.

Hell, they're so unfunny they couldn't even help Saturday Night Live out of their slump.

NewGenAdam

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2008
I read only the post title and I'm afraid I actually lol.ed
What a bunch of ignorant, egotistical, ridiculous people!

Forgive the outsider for assuming they want nothing but media attention...

XNine

macrumors 68040
She actually writes her own music. so she's not churned out like Britney or Christina. Gaga can play the piano very well and does so during live performances, from what I've seen.

Back on topic, why hasn't anyone knifed this bastard yet? Seriously. Fred Phelps, his crazy ass wife and offspring, and followers should all be put on a bus and driven off a cliff. Despicable waste of lives. Put Glen Beck and Palin on the bus too for god's sake.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Phelps may have a small following, but he has admirers and people who think exactly like he does, even among a couple of members right here on Macrumors over the years, though I won't say who but I am sure most could guess. Fred Phelps told me to tell y'all that Jesus is the reason for the season. :)

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Phelps may have a small following, but he has admirers and people who think exactly like he does, even among a couple of members right here on Macrumors over the years, though I won't say who but I am sure most could guess. Fred Phelps told me to tell y'all that Jesus is the reason for the season. :)
Out of the Network?

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Out of the Network?
Network, you mean Phelps' network of mostly his relatives? No I meant one Macrumors poster I have been arguing with for hours who actually makes Phelps look like a nice guy.

There will always be fake Christians like Phelps who give the faith a bad name, not unlike Bin Laden and his bad witness as a Muslim.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Network, you mean Phelps' network of mostly his relatives? No I meant one Macrumors poster I have been arguing with for hours actually makes Phelps look like a nice guy.

There will always be fake Christians like Phelps who give the faith a bad name, not unlike Bin Laden and his bad witness as a Muslim.
Out of the Network is a bad attempt to parody a poster's name here on MR. :D

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Out of the Network is a bad attempt to parody a poster's name here on MR. :D
I get in now. :)

I know I will get myself banned for singling out any specific poster as there have been worse since I joined in June 2000. Luckily, those posters all eventually got banned. I think the political forums I started (as jefhatfield) are allowed to get rowdy to a point, as that is the nature of politics and religion, but an all out racist bigot is not someone I would like to see here.

I made some strong comments against this poster and the mods deleted them, as they probably should have as I gave undue attention to his hateful speech. I just have a low tolerance for Westboro, the Christian Identity movement, and the Klan. Call me sensitive and not for "all" freedom of speech, but I have my limits, too.

Perhaps Macrumors will change and let all points of view flourish here, including Al Qaeda, the Klan, and whatever members of Westboro find their way here. I guess if the Constitution gives them the right to speak in America, maybe Macrumors will give them a forum here. I had no intention of making things that controversial when I started the political forums back in 2001, but then again, I was never a Moderator or Demi-God here and refused any offers years ago.

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
You wanted religious freedom, you got the WBC. That's all there is about this. What the WBC is doing is perfectly legal and it's a right granted to them by the constitution. If you want to stop the WBC, you have to stop tolerating religion.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Perhaps Macrumors will change and let all points of view flourish here, including Al Qaeda, the Klan, and whatever members of Westboro find their way here. I guess if the Constitution gives them the right to speak in America, maybe Macrumors will give them a forum here. I had no intention of making things that controversial when I started the political forums back in 2001, but then again, I was never a Moderator or Demi-God here and refused any offers years ago.

Ah, the good old days. No longer the case here.

A demi god is only a forum member with $25.